System tune-up, optimization, tweaking
May 13th, 2015, 9:30 pm
(GL)gamer765 wrote:The issue with images was that Pandora stopped using bitmaps when showing artwork on the now playing screen and switched to views which contain artwork for all played tracks and extracting the corresponding artwork was going to be hard due to obfuscation. As a result, I resorted to taking the arturl which Pandora does provide with all the track metadata and build my own compact downloader. The downloader downloads to RAM and then immediately gets inserted into the track.
Sadly there isn't much I can do about the crashes/freezes because I can't reproduce it with both the patcher and the patched apk.
The automatic download I was referring to is the no prompt option where pressing the thumbs up button downloads the song without asking. The conditional was the check for whether the song was downloaded already to prevent renamed copies. For example a song titled Avicii - Silhouettes.mp3 would be Avicii - Silhouettes-1.mp3. So I forgot to change the download conditional from true to false for it to start the download.

1st let me say that with regard programming I don't know what I'm talking about but a thought came to me as I was cleaning-up my Calibre eBook library shortly before reading this post. eBooks are often faced with non-optimal "book jacket" graphics. Calibre allows users to search the net for graphics to use as a new or replacement book jacket. Perhaps something similar would be possible here?

Thanks for the hard work.
May 13th, 2015, 9:30 pm
May 13th, 2015, 10:08 pm
nipp0n wrote:1st let me say that with regard programming I don't know what I'm talking about but a thought came to me as I was cleaning-up my Calibre eBook library shortly before reading this post. eBooks are often faced with non-optimal "book jacket" graphics. Calibre allows users to search the net for graphics to use as a new or replacement book jacket. Perhaps something similar would be possible here?

Thanks for the hard work.

Listen Audiobook Player for Android does the same thing. However, I think what Gamer has done, which presents us with zero interaction necessary, and zero errors... is ideal, as far as I'm concerned. When I search for an audiobook cover, I often get a lot of crap that's unrelated, and sometimes I have to download several to get one that I like, and that fits the area well. Now, I don't take my album art as seriously as my book covers... and I don't take them very seriously either, so I don't have a problem with the current method.

Gamer - You explained this well, and it seems to work. Are there any caveats to your approach? I don't see any, so I'm not sure why it was even necessary to mention. We might be making a bigger deal out of it than necessary.

As an aside... I tried to use the Play Store version for a few days, and it still shut down on me several times, even after a few full reboots. I installed the mirrored version earlier today, and it's run longer in one session than the Play Store version ever did. Why the hell does this keep happening? Again, not the Patcher's fault... just scratching my head about what the difference is.
May 13th, 2015, 10:08 pm
May 13th, 2015, 10:53 pm
Just noticed a quirk...

I use the rich notification option in the Patcher... and when I pull down the notification bar and click on the Pandora notification, it doesn't open Pandora, pause, thumb up/down, skip, or close Pandora like it should. This is the case whether the notification is expanded or not.

When I touch the notification (and not any of the buttons), it just takes me to the currently-open app. (Home screen, Hangouts, etc) When I touch one of the buttons, nothing happens. The notification shade remains displayed.

I'm pretty sure I have used the buttons on the notification in the last few days, so this isn't a constantly-present error. It just started happening. Pandora isn't frozen, because I can open the app manually and skip/pause/etc.

Fix it, if you can... If you can't, no biggie. I'm sure it'll start working again when i close and open Pandora. Still a great product!
May 13th, 2015, 10:53 pm
May 13th, 2015, 11:14 pm
DrPhant0m wrote:Just noticed a quirk...

...Fix it, if you can... If you can't, no biggie. I'm sure it'll start working again when i close and open Pandora. Still a great product!

Rich notification works fine. Whatever this guy above me is describing is not from the patcher.
May 13th, 2015, 11:14 pm
May 13th, 2015, 11:20 pm
DrPhantom: The crashes could be due to several reasons, but based on what everyone says about the crashes being minimal when sideloaded could be due to less integration with Google play services/store. Pandora has some checks to determine how it was installed, either Google play store or Amazon app store. It does it so it can determine what inapp purchases to enable. A sideloaded app will not be valid for inapp purchases, so those features will be disabled. The keen eyed individual will notice that enabling mp3 support in the patcher disables inapp purchases in Pandora and attempting to make a purchase results in the following error: "Subscriptions are currently unavailable. Please try again later." This is a side effect of fixing the error 3002 with mp3 sort. Enabling mp3 support required logging into Pandora servers as an Amazon Fire TV and I don't think the fire TV Pandora has inapp purchase support, so attempts to retrieve available inapps failed and Pandora just throws the 3002 error.
About the rich notification, I didn't code it, I only enabled the hidden feature, so any malfunctions are Pandora's doing, not mine. I think the Pandora people might be following this thread/forum, and hopefully they can address that issue in a future update.
May 13th, 2015, 11:20 pm

Like my work? Consider a donation: http://bit.ly/1fnw38T
May 13th, 2015, 11:52 pm
I can confirm uninstalling the play store version and installing the mirror fixed Pandora from closing itself when the phone's screen is off.

EDIT: Actually I just found a cause for the constant crashing that can be repeated. I noticed that if you add the Pandora Widget to one of the home screens and try to resize the widget (I use to to always have mine take up an extra row/be taller) and noticed that it causes Pandora to crash immediately if resized during playback, but if it's already resized before opening the app, it won't crash until you turn the screen off (maybe 1-3 songs..probably when the widget gets an update).

I haven't tested this with the Play Store version.
May 13th, 2015, 11:52 pm
May 14th, 2015, 4:55 am
M0rphius wrote:

...Fix it, if you can... If you can't, no biggie. I'm sure it'll start working again when i close and open Pandora. Still a great product!

Rich notification works fine. Whatever this guy above me is describing is not from the patcher.

It works fine for me most of the time, as well. Sometimes it doesn't, though. I'm always careful to say that I don't think the Patcher is to blame, or that it's still a great product. I don't want to sound unappreciative at all.

My closing statement was pretty much "if it gets fixed, or it doesn't... it's still a win" Hopefully it wasn't interpreted any other way.

Oh, and by the way...
I think the Pandora people might be following this thread/forum, and hopefully they can address that issue in a future update.

This scares me.
May 14th, 2015, 4:55 am
May 14th, 2015, 7:10 pm
What is AVRCP in patcher settings? What is it for?
May 14th, 2015, 7:10 pm
May 14th, 2015, 10:17 pm
idiamin wrote:https://www.google.com/search?q=AVRCP+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
QED.

Yes I goggled it before, but still don't know how can it be used in Pandora.

========

OK, got it. This explains much: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWOgaaTnJwQ
May 14th, 2015, 10:17 pm
May 16th, 2015, 10:29 am

I use the rich notification option in the Patcher... and when I pull down the notification bar and click on the Pandora notification, it doesn't open Pandora

Problem this product only if the download is in progress and Pandora was close with back button.

Thank you gamer765 for this great work

sorry for my bad english translation google
May 16th, 2015, 10:29 am
May 24th, 2015, 7:06 pm
Working great on xposed alpha for Touchwiz.
May 24th, 2015, 7:06 pm