May 22nd, 2015, 8:18 pm
We're all about being a friendly forum, and in order to make it more efficient to replace a release whose OP is absent, no longer replacing dead links, or an ARC (Advanced Reader's Copy) we have decided to modify our rules to make things easier, and faster for you.

All you have to do now, is post the new release, and reply to the old one "New Release here: (link)" or "Retail Release here: (link)"

There's no longer a need for you to contact a Moderator to ask for the release to be removed, having to wait for the Mod to do so, and risk someone else beating you to posting the file while you weren't looking. Now, it's all in your hands.

Do make sure that the OP is actually inactive (meaning the OP is still around, but has added a signature that he/she is no longer replacing dead links) or that he/she's absent, and the release abandoned (4+ weeks without logging on). To check whether the OP is absent, click on "Profile" on the lower left of the posts to find out, you should see the last log on date. It's very important that you do that, otherwise, it's a double post.

Good luck, happy reading, and happier, easier posting.

The eBook Staff

http://mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=221908

Reposting releases (bad quality files, ARC files, absent posters)
  • Bad quality files/Obsolete formats: Contact a moderator if you can offer a better quality file than the one already posted. Posters of lesser quality files will have the right to replace with better versions within 24 hours from notice before the post is removed to make way for a new release.
  • ARC files: Releases with ARC files can be reposted without previous notice, simply post a new release and a reply in the old thread with the announcement: "reposted here with retail (link)".
  • Absent/Inactive posters: Releases by absent/inactive posters can be reposted without previous notice, simply post a new release and a reply in the old thread with the announcement: "reposted here (link)".
      Important:
    • Make sure the Original Poster is no longer active before reposting a release. If there is no signature indicating that the OP is not replacing links, check the 'last visited' info in the user's profile: posters are considered absent after 4 weeks since the last login. If in doubt, contact a moderator.
    • Make sure all the links are dead before reposting.

ATTENTION!
Responsible reposting, please!
Do not go hunting dead links and then spam the New Releases board with a massive number of "new" old releases, thank you!

Make sure the links are all dead before reposting, we do not need a new release if links in the old post work, unless the OP is banned or the filehost is banned.

merry60 wrote:The rule that required all series posts to include connecting links to other books in the same series has been discontinued. The quick and easy resposting renders most connecting links useless.
May 22nd, 2015, 8:18 pm
Jul 8th, 2015, 3:41 am
jampacked wrote:Since this apparently contradicts/supersedes parts of the "Ebook Forum Etiquette" in viewtopic.php?f=1147&t=721876 perhaps that could be modified.

Thank you. Edits made.
Jul 8th, 2015, 3:41 am
Nov 27th, 2016, 1:55 pm
I've read how to post mirror in case of links are dead. That rules are so confusing(from here : viewtopic.php?f=1147&t=721876).

This here so much clearer.(All you have to do now, is post the new release, and reply to the old one "New Release here: (link)" or "Retail Release here: (link)" )

merry60 wrote:As long as the difference between "Mirror" and "Repost" is perfetly clear to you, good finding! :)
Nov 27th, 2016, 1:55 pm
Aug 1st, 2017, 10:35 pm
Well I've come accross a new problem. Bear with me a second and I will explain.

On more than one occasion the book I have tried to load the host site holding the book
has been blocked by my state's inter net server. This has happened several times.

Most book uploads in those cases can we get a re upload to zippyshare as zippy share isn't blocked?

Also Usercloud is fine.

Most other sites are blocked.

100 percent of the time this has been the case. All books I've tried.
Aug 1st, 2017, 10:35 pm
Aug 2nd, 2017, 8:57 am
Sakura66 wrote:Well I've come accross a new problem. Bear with me a second and I will explain.

On more than one occasion the book I have tried to load the host site holding the book
has been blocked by my state's inter net server. This has happened several times.

Most book uploads in those cases can we get a re upload to zippyshare as zippy share isn't blocked?

Also Usercloud is fine.

This is a very specific problem for which we cannot implement a general rule. The problem varies depending on location, so it must be dealt with on an individual basis, sorry about that. The hosts you mention as "fine" are actually blocked somewhere else, I hope you understand and find a different solution, like a VPN.
Aug 2nd, 2017, 8:57 am
Nov 1st, 2017, 7:26 pm
Sakura66 wrote:Well I've come accross a new problem. Bear with me a second and I will explain.

Also Usercloud is fine.

VPN is pretty much invaluable, it also stops you getting tracked for downloading. I use IPVanish because they don't store your history. It's about the only way you can get around server blocks and work firewalls.
Nov 1st, 2017, 7:26 pm
Feb 17th, 2023, 9:33 am
Is it appropriate to make a request for new links for a title in the old links are either dead or behind a paywall; and the original poster is inactive and not responding to requests for new links?
Feb 17th, 2023, 9:33 am
Feb 17th, 2023, 12:50 pm
Please read:

Subject: eBook Section Rules

New links requests
  • If the Original Poster is no longer active (see profile) or not replacing links as per the signature, post in the topic (e.g. "Links dead, OP inactive") so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else.
Feb 17th, 2023, 12:50 pm