Discuss Pocket PC devices here.
Nov 15th, 2006, 5:06 am
Hello. I want to upgrade my Toshiba e740 to 2003. but i realized that they don't have, to my knowledge, a 2003 update for this model. I came across a 750 update and i'm wondering if i should try to update the 740 with the 750 update. I've found out how to back up my stock Rom and operating system. But i'm wondering, if this 750 update crashes for whatever reason, i won't have enough access to restore the original rom system.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. please let me know anything you can think of.
Nov 15th, 2006, 5:06 am
May 4th, 2018, 7:32 pm
Have you checked ebay/amazon for potential back up units. I'm assuming that if you have figured out how to back up ROM, you have figured out how to back up data. Life feels a whole lot more secure when there is a tested unit sitting on the shelf. I generally charge up any acquired back ups and use them a little to slowly drain the charge and make sure of performance within the guarantee period (if there is one). Needless to say, if you are in a protected situation, you can experiment to your heart's content :)
May 4th, 2018, 7:32 pm
May 4th, 2018, 7:33 pm
Just noticed that was a REALLY old msg... hope you haven't been waiting all this time :(
May 4th, 2018, 7:33 pm