Nov 13th, 2006, 11:54 am
Plasma wrote:I do wish people would read the threads, I know they are long, but thats because they contain a lot of information! Why should we bother posting information if people ignore it and ask daft questions anyway!
:twisted:

Plasma

hi plasma, you must be delirious if you think that I would go through 50 pages of posts to find an answer to a little problem that I can just ask or google. I already figured out that I need the folder, I was just wondering why. I can't be bothered to spend half an hour reading old posts that only might answer my question. The constructive way to deal with that is to add this information to the opening page, because obviously 50 pages of replies are not an efficient method of cataloguing information. As far as I remember, there is no .nfo file in the release describing this issue.
cheers Blumsen

ps.
thanks cencio for your reply which was quick and to the point
Nov 13th, 2006, 11:54 am
Nov 13th, 2006, 6:27 pm
You must be crazier blumsen to think that people here will just keep answering the same question over and over again because some idiot is too lazy to use the Search function or put in some effort themselves.
Nov 13th, 2006, 6:27 pm
Nov 13th, 2006, 7:03 pm
solara wrote:You must be crazier blumsen to think that people here will just keep answering the same question over and over again because some idiot is too lazy to use the Search function or put in some effort themselves.

I'll second that! :P

Plasma
Nov 13th, 2006, 7:03 pm

The largest hole in any computer system is the empty space inside the users head!
Nov 13th, 2006, 7:19 pm
solara wrote:You must be crazier blumsen to think that people here will just keep answering the same question over and over again because some idiot is too lazy to use the Search function or put in some effort themselves.

I share this opinion, but the the problem is that the search function doesn't work very well on this forum, you can't search efficiently within the different pages of a topic. Maybe an update of the forum software would resolve the same questions coming back many times... :idea:

keeping the first post of a topic up-to-date with all interesting stuff that appeard within the pages of the topic solves some parts of the problem too. Often this is done by the moderators, but requires a lot of effort of them...
Nov 13th, 2006, 7:19 pm
Nov 13th, 2006, 8:25 pm
Hi Guys, its my firs post and i want to say Hello ;)
Thanks to @ifalleni for great soft, its very usefull for me.
I instaled it and it works but i have an problem with connecting pda with my bluetooth gps reciever.
In TT5 i can setup (in menu) connection with "other gps bluetooth reciever" and connect on COM6.
In TT6, in menu, there are only 2 wired gps recievers and no connection on COM6. :(
Can any1 help me? How can i connect to my bluetooth reciever (i-Tec)?

plmatrix
Nov 13th, 2006, 8:25 pm
Nov 13th, 2006, 8:44 pm

crazy you say? hmm let me see, I asked a simple question and in the next post I got a perfect answer. I guess I wasn't so crazy after all. You can call me lazy, but its not me that is an idiot.
Now lets think about the next guy that is looking for some information in this thread, now he needs to read another page full of off-topic crap of all the people that think my little question was out of place.
I have to admit that my replies only make it worse, and in a better world I would have ignored you but the problem is that I get paid a lot of money to sit in my office and frankly I have nothing better to do.
Nov 13th, 2006, 8:44 pm
Nov 13th, 2006, 9:45 pm
plmatrix wrote:Hi Guys, its my firs post and i want to say Hello ;)
Thanks to @ifalleni for great soft, its very usefull for me.
I instaled it and it works but i have an problem with connecting pda with my bluetooth gps reciever.
In TT5 i can setup (in menu) connection with "other gps bluetooth reciever" and connect on COM6.
In TT6, in menu, there are only 2 wired gps recievers and no connection on COM6. :(
Can any1 help me? How can i connect to my bluetooth reciever (i-Tec)?

plmatrix

Close TomTom
Go to (\Storage Card)\Program files\Navigator\
Open the file 'navigator.cfg' with a text editor (eg Total Commander) or copy the file to desktop and edit with text editor
Change the number after com to 6 or 7 (which ever you used in bt settings). The file is mostly garble but you'll see comx with x as the port currently set in tomtom. edit and copy back if needed
Start tomtom and the correct com port will be used ;)
Nov 13th, 2006, 9:45 pm
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:56 pm
blumsen wrote:

crazy you say? hmm let me see, I asked a simple question and in the next post I got a perfect answer. I guess I wasn't so crazy after all. You can call me lazy, but its not me that is an idiot.
Now lets think about the next guy that is looking for some information in this thread, now he needs to read another page full of off-topic crap of all the people that think my little question was out of place.
I have to admit that my replies only make it worse, and in a better world I would have ignored you but the problem is that I get paid a lot of money to sit in my office and frankly I have nothing better to do.

OK. all of you already said his point of view.
Now this OFF TOPIC "conversation" must change the topic.
So, if you want to continue your discussion, please, use PM or Generic Talking Section.
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:56 pm

Retired administrator.

(\_ /) Welcome in Pocket Living and Computing World
(O.o) Questions/Requests? PPCW Services has your answer!
(> <) Please rate the releases you try
Nov 14th, 2006, 4:43 am
alright plasma. I've looked everywhere and now i have some more questions. I have a Toshiba E755. Do i have to have a specific 2003 update or can i get a generic one? Either way, where can i look?
Nov 14th, 2006, 4:43 am
Nov 14th, 2006, 7:40 am
VOODOOS!L wrote:Close TomTom
Go to (\Storage Card)\Program files\Navigator\
Open the file 'navigator.cfg' with a text editor (eg Total Commander) or copy the file to desktop and edit with text editor
Change the number after com to 6 or 7 (which ever you used in bt settings). The file is mostly garble but you'll see comx with x as the port currently set in tomtom. edit and copy back if needed
Start tomtom and the correct com port will be used ;)

I'v done like U said, and text inside 'navigator.cfg' was just like this:
" Ã
Nov 14th, 2006, 7:40 am
Nov 14th, 2006, 8:58 am
[quote="plmatrix"]I'v done like U said, and text inside 'navigator.cfg' was just like this:
" Ã
Nov 14th, 2006, 8:58 am
Nov 14th, 2006, 9:22 am
theCollector wrote:alright plasma. I've looked everywhere and now i have some more questions. I have a Toshiba E755. Do i have to have a specific 2003 update or can i get a generic one? Either way, where can i look?

I did a quick search on eMule for "E755 2003" and there are about 5 copies available.

Plasma
Nov 14th, 2006, 9:22 am

The largest hole in any computer system is the empty space inside the users head!
Nov 15th, 2006, 11:16 am
[quote="VOODOOS!L"][quote="plmatrix"]I'v done like U said, and text inside 'navigator.cfg' was just like this:
" Ã
Nov 15th, 2006, 11:16 am
Nov 15th, 2006, 11:41 am
plmatrix have you triedd wit TomTom version 6.00 or TomTom version 6.01 ??
Nov 15th, 2006, 11:41 am

Retired administrator.

(\_ /) Welcome in Pocket Living and Computing World
(O.o) Questions/Requests? PPCW Services has your answer!
(> <) Please rate the releases you try
Nov 15th, 2006, 2:20 pm
plmatrix wrote:Thanks for Your help, but nothing work :(
iGo and Automapa and TT5 !! properly connect to Com6 and works fine.
In TT6 in menu there is Com6 but it din't work - so i give up.
Anyway - once again for help

when connecting the Bluetooth outgoing COM port, make sure the option 'secure connection' is not turned on. This can give problems with TomTom.

I you are using different programs at the same time to access the GPS data, you will need to configure a 'Virtual' COM port. Different programs can have access to this virtual COM port, while they can't have access to the hardware COM port all at the same time. You can configure this setting in the GPS part of the 'Connection' tab of the control panel. After doing so, you should configure TomTom to access the virtual COM port instead of the hardware com port. Hope this will help you...
Nov 15th, 2006, 2:20 pm