Feedback or requests for help with the site.
May 18th, 2016, 9:33 am
I know Mobilism has to keep the lights on by getting paid from Premium users or through spam, but, I am so tired of having to rely so heavily on Adblockers, Anti-virus (yeah, even for my smartphone I had to install Norton Mobile because I dont trust those spammy links that constantly pop-up malware and error windows. You have to close windows left and right before you get the ACTUAL LINK TO THE FILE!
Let's keep the files clean and link only to zippyshare or mediafire, where at the most you put in a CAPTCHA code but those sites never pop up other stupid sites and the sites themselves are clean. I absolutely hate upload.to, ul.to and the 30 second countdowns and spam is getting ridiculous. Its an absolute nightmare trying to chase down the downloads. I love the site, i love the forums and content... but can we atleast consider using Zippy/Mediafire only? And with Zippy/Mediafire, typically its a direct download without a stupid "maximum downloads for this file/IP has been reached" message. Then you have to wait forever before the link is usable again. You also wouldn't have to worry about the DMCA or other cyberwatch institutes taking down links (esp. if you password-protected the files. I've had a Mediafire server for years (1TB was only $20 with a promo code) and I ha e used the site and its apps religiously to store and send files the clean way and my files are password-protected. I never had an issue with it, or a takedown notice!
I know you need premium members, but surely we can compromise somehow. I would donate to the cause if the switch to decent webshare sites was made......
.......who's with me on this?
Love the site and its content,...ABSOLUTELY HATE THE LINKS...once in a blue moon I see a zippyshare link, and I'm like....THANK. GOD. I dont have to close 20 windows and get a virus and wait 5 minutes!
May 18th, 2016, 9:33 am
May 18th, 2016, 9:55 am
The other cool thing about mediafire is its compatible across all platforms (eg, Android, PC, even Linux).
If someone else has a premium mediafire, you can also sync all their folders or cherry pick which files/folders you want to sync. Unlike MEGA.CO/NZ and some of the others require you to use their software just to download.
Which, in my mind, just to download from the web should be able to be dowbloaded directly! Medifire also doesn't require a premium login just to download. Even for non-premium members the files download fast! I think MEGA is slightly quicker but overall, if you can't tell... I perfer the fire of media...MEDIAFIRE! Ftw!
May 18th, 2016, 9:55 am
May 18th, 2016, 11:26 pm
lbiza wrote:You also wouldn't have to worry about the DMCA or other cyberwatch institutes taking down links (esp. if you password-protected the files. I've had a Mediafire server for years (1TB was only $20 with a promo code) and I ha e used the site and its apps religiously to store and send files the clean way and my files are password-protected. I never had an issue with it, or a takedown notice!

Seriously? You have used the site religiously "to store and send files" but you have not a single release to your credit? you don't risk their links but you still want to give lessons on filehosts? You seriously want anybody to believe that we wouldn't have to worry about DMCA and co. when the truth is that most of us have had our accounts deleted in Mediafire?

What does a password protect your files from, if you please? Come down from your high horse and learn how deletion of links from filehosts works before preaching around, we all know the wonders of "storage sites", it is the public sharing of those links that bursts the cozy bubble and turns them from friends into enemies. So unless you have shares in that site, start posting, share their links massively, and watch them kick you out.
May 18th, 2016, 11:26 pm
May 24th, 2016, 4:25 am
Thanks Ibiza. You have made some valid points without being on his high horse or preaching. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this site...I think.
May 24th, 2016, 4:25 am

D53
May 24th, 2016, 9:14 am
bigd53 wrote:Thanks Ibiza. You have made some valid points without being on his high horse or preaching. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this site...I think.

Thanks bigd53. You would think I am entitled to speak my opinion (evidently not) Instead, they scrutinize me and think my idea is ridiculous. I didn't think it was so ridiculous to suggest using mediafire for DL LINKS. I was merely suggesting that from my own meandering experience. Perhaps on a more global sharing level, my account would be at risk should I upload my own links. Despite my efforts to rename files something completely different and unrelated to the topic file and including a password might be rendered useless -- but certainly it might deter or slow down the LINK from being reported? How about using .DLC containers like those used from JDownloader? Or using magnet links? I just don't understand why sometimes zippyshare and at least usercloud is used and others not. The ones that tend to be less spammy is zippy and usercloud. If everyone else is fine with the way it is, then I will just be extra cautious and continue to use anthing on my end I can to protect myself against spam, warning signs, and quite possibly viruses trying to infect my phone or computer. At any rate, I was merely trying to think of ways to circumvent dead links but at the same time get what we want. Does anyone else have any ideas? Suggestions? Other then just criticizing my POV...which it would be like beating a dead horse at this point and doesn't really resolve the issue...or do I just need to shut my whorish mouth and be thankful the quality content is there; it's just buried underneath thick layers of AIDS and other malware ready to turn my computer's balls into barnacles.
May 24th, 2016, 9:14 am
Jun 6th, 2016, 2:53 am
I agree, a lot of links include way too much spam. tusfiles, for instance, ugh, just use safe sites.
Jun 6th, 2016, 2:53 am
Jun 22nd, 2016, 4:35 am
I do think that there is space here to blacklist particularly bad hosts.
I would not restrain uploaders just to Zippyshare and MediaFire only, as it would put alot of eggs in not alot of baskets. There are perfectly good hosts out there in addition to these, like AnonFiles, plus working on a blacklist basis would also mean that any new hosts who come onto the market could be used straight away.
Jun 22nd, 2016, 4:35 am
Jun 22nd, 2016, 6:04 am
I found an easy way around it..there isn't mediafire links (at all) and zippy is hard to come by...but I just use dolphin (since it uses tabs) on my phone and I use usercloud...I usually just hit "download" from usercloud it opens a tab I close it...and repeat that three times..(download,close other tab, download,close other tab, download, close other tab, then download once more actually starts the download. I do not use any other links other then the usercloud one...this method seems to work the best :)
Jun 22nd, 2016, 6:04 am
Sep 4th, 2016, 9:35 pm
I agree with the need to to vet the filehosts. Many used here seem to to full of adware at best and malware at worst.
Zippy and mediafire are good as are many others, for example mega, oboom, uploaded, bigfile and ulozto just to mention a few.
The post ".exe or Virus warning after downloading an app, ebook etc." (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=498030) really should be completely unnecessary.
As for the files being noticed by the authorities uploaders should simply use nonsensical file names to disguise the contents, eg "jhhjkjhkj" not "Moby Dick".

Please don't think I am ungrateful to everybody who contributes here, quite the opposite thank you all very much, its just that this is an area which can be improved and I am giving the benefit of my experience downloading from other sites.
Sep 4th, 2016, 9:35 pm
Sep 5th, 2016, 7:03 pm
grapes1 wrote:I agree with the need to to vet the filehosts. Many used here seem to to full of adware at best and malware at worst.

As for the files being noticed by the authorities uploaders should simply use nonsensical file names to disguise the contents, eg "jhhjkjhkj" not "Moby Dick".

File hosts are vetted periodically, some that were acceptable previously have been disallowed so don't worry the staff does visit this idea often.

Also, I do name my files in a "non-sensical" manner but does that still protect me? No, I use foreign languages (welsh, german, danish, spanish, portugese) often with no success as they are sometimes immediately taken down a few days after re-up. So you're just preaching to the choir.
Sep 5th, 2016, 7:03 pm
Sep 7th, 2016, 3:00 am
Quick response in regards to your theory that we want users to upload to bad hosts so that we get Premium money: we don't. In fact, all new members receive an automatic PM advising them to use a good host for uploading files and specifies zippyshare as a good option. We crack down on bad filehosts, not good ones.
Sep 7th, 2016, 3:00 am
Sep 20th, 2016, 1:17 am
Sorry I came across this pretty late but I'll go ahead address the key main reason that a lot of people here use particular file hosting sites over others.

It's pretty simple for one reason is that these are the ones that are "monetized". They are getting paid for the downloads from the filehosting site, some are good for it while others have bad reputations on their payout systems. That's it in a simple nutshell, no other valid reason to pick them. If you have to click to reveal a code or otherwise is not a direct download link they are getting paid for that book you're trying to download.

Quite frankly I can't blame people for doing it either, just want people to understand that choosing say zippyshare over someone like Uploaded.net is a decision that everyone makes.

Use a good clean filehost direct download site like Zippy or you can monetize your download using Uploaded.net or some other dumbass sites like depositfiles, Uploading.com etc. and put stuff behind content lockers.

Over time lots of these sites change the way they do things. They start off as a good clean download sites but then costs start to go up so they switch it around, storage for unlimited files and keeping that stuff up isn't cheap believe me.. A good recent example I've seen lately is the tusfiles.com cloud storage domain which started out good and clean like Zippy but has since clusterfucked up their whole deal.

One of the good things I have seen about these monetized filehosting sites is that some users here have posted simple workarounds for navigating through all the bullshit involved on a lot of those sites. Helpful little guides that say what buttons to click, which ones to not click, boxes to uncheck so on so forth.

So while I would love it for everyone to use the good clean direct download link sites I can't blame them for choosing the monetized ones obviously, they are getting paid to use them and hey who would turn down free money right? It's an economic decision basically because if I can get paid to host at such and such even if it's not a whole lot then most people will pick that.

One last thing I would add is that a good up to date Adblocker program is a MUST HAVE nowadays for going onto any filesharing sites. I personally use uBlock Origin/uMatrix, but anything really is better then nothing.
Sep 20th, 2016, 1:17 am
Oct 15th, 2016, 2:39 am
tusfiles.com I think still works well and is clean, so long as direct download clicked [... the other link gives a fake .exe ...]

Speaking of adblocking: I cannot use uploaded.net while an adblock is on, no way around it so far. Started a month ago or so. But I agree, Adblocking is critical so I don't use uploaded.net anymore.
Oct 15th, 2016, 2:39 am
Oct 17th, 2016, 2:50 am
I disagree about uploaded.net links: i use adblocking also, and won't give it up, but! If you have a premium menebership, you have the solution at hand. Just copy the ul.net link and paste it into the premium downloader - et voila!
Oct 17th, 2016, 2:50 am
Dec 28th, 2016, 10:08 pm
NovaPhoenix wrote:So unless you have shares in that site, start posting, share their links massively, and watch them kick you out.
I wrote that some time ago, but today I stumbled upon a signature that illustrates exactly what happens when you use Mediafire as a host to share the links. I rest my case: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=417550
Dec 28th, 2016, 10:08 pm