Feedback or requests for help with the site.

Would you like that?

Yes! 34
92%
No! 3
8%
Total votes : 37
Aug 30th, 2006, 5:01 pm
HAL 9000 wrote:We could just add a smartphone section here... like- software, games, smartphone..

I bet lifehacker would if enough people requested it

My next move was to add a Pocket PC news section but if enought people are interested Ill think of adding a smartphone section.
Aug 30th, 2006, 5:01 pm
Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:14 am
It is good idea to have a sister site in WAP. (wireless acpplication protocal) RSS is good to have too.
Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:14 am

Check out the first ever Nokia forums that brings convenience and ease into one forum. This forum is everything a Nokia user could ever want. Nokialogy
Oct 2nd, 2006, 2:20 am
I would love to have this site recognize when we are surfing on our phones. I might be wrong here bc it might already be in place.

I cant for the life of me get my xv6700 to put cookies so that i dont go to the disclaimer screen every time. Half the time when i click from an email i get the same thing even on my pc. I use pie plus for my phone and i cant see a place to make sure it is placing a cookie.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 2:20 am
Oct 2nd, 2006, 5:11 am
playdeep wrote:I cant for the life of me get my xv6700 to put cookies so that i dont go to the disclaimer screen every time. Half the time when i click from an email i get the same thing even on my pc. I use pie plus for my phone and i cant see a place to make sure it is placing a cookie.

go to tools/pie options/security/allow cookies. alittle off topic but check it out. ;)
Oct 2nd, 2006, 5:11 am
Oct 8th, 2006, 11:52 pm
A site dedicated to smartphones is a great idea. I think the main reason for smartphone tools/games just beeing addons to pocketpc boards are because it is released much more pocketpc software than smartphone.

But a nice smartphone site where the software is divided into catagoriez and you have one thread for each software and add new version at the bottom instead of starting new threads etc..

If anyone else would like to put some work into a project like this, contact me!
Oct 8th, 2006, 11:52 pm
Oct 11th, 2006, 3:15 am
#19731 by longz
i dont think a separate site is needed. just a few more subforums: smartphone apps, smartphone games, and requests. just a mirror of what the ppc software has.

that would be fantastic
Oct 11th, 2006, 3:15 am
Oct 16th, 2006, 4:42 am
playdeep wrote:I would love to have this site recognize when we are surfing on our phones. I might be wrong here bc it might already be in place.

I cant for the life of me get my xv6700 to put cookies so that i dont go to the disclaimer screen every time. Half the time when i click from an email i get the same thing even on my pc. I use pie plus for my phone and i cant see a place to make sure it is placing a cookie.

I was having the same issue, and was allowing cookies, but it seems fixed now, is it for you?
Oct 16th, 2006, 4:42 am
Nov 6th, 2006, 9:51 pm
A SP sub forum would be nice for SP users. I'm not one myself, but would be willing to help out with it any way I can.
Nov 6th, 2006, 9:51 pm
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:06 pm
Add me to the 'Requesting" list!
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:06 pm
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:40 am
What about a SINGLE forum with different sections ?

Actually movies and ebooks are often considered much more alien to "pocketness" than a smartphone, aren't them ?

..._
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:40 am
Nov 7th, 2006, 6:29 am
Hard to say really. Myself, I only read ebooks on my axim. Never on my PC. I've only began watching movies since they were posted here. I suppose you could lump ebooks, movies, skins/themes into a 'Media' forum and have sub forums for each.

But then I've also thought GPS and maps should be separated from releases too. Maybe if I have some time later I can draft an efficient forum map and see what everyone thinks.
Nov 7th, 2006, 6:29 am
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:09 am
I absolutely agree about a separate sections for gps stuff and maps. They have their own rank in ppc/sp world.
Quite crossing, indeed... (I mean, smartphone maps are the same than ppc, pna, and so on)

:)
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:09 am
Nov 14th, 2006, 5:13 am
To the original poster: Yes and I am willing to help moderate it.
However, I don't think the chances of a sister site are very big :D All i am hoping for is a Smartphone section on this site with sub forums for Software, Themes and other stuff. And organized so there is a section for landscape model phones like the Motorola Q :D
Nov 14th, 2006, 5:13 am
Dec 4th, 2006, 11:21 am
Any updates to adding a smartphone section?
Dec 4th, 2006, 11:21 am