Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Dec 6th, 2006, 5:45 pm
I would like to vote for the creation of a "mirror request" post. Anyone wanting to download but cannot access the shared link can request a mirror in this post. Until now people ask for another mirror in the software post itself, but people (like myself) who are able and willing to make a mirror don't know it if we don't read all the forum.

This way people can also request a new link if the original links are not active anymore. (See other post about active links)
Dec 6th, 2006, 5:45 pm
Dec 6th, 2006, 6:19 pm
Moved to Suggestions/Feedback. The problem with this is that if everything is in that one post people might keep requesting the same mirror even though it has been already made previously. But if its in the release post everyone will see the mirror. The mirror thread will soon become so disorganized and confusing that it will lose its purpose. Therefore I am against this one.
Dec 6th, 2006, 6:19 pm
Dec 6th, 2006, 6:30 pm
But how can one know then that someone needs a mirror, without reading trough the whole post - that can take a lot of pages - and absolutly not pleasant if it is a topic you are not interested in...

For example: I'm this moment on my computer and I have some time and I'm able - and willing - to make a mirror for some software at, say, rapidshare. But how do I know if someone is waiting or asking for such a mirror? If I have to go through all the posts to find someone requesting a mirror, then I will have no more time to do it. Do you feel the problem?
Dec 6th, 2006, 6:30 pm
Dec 7th, 2006, 12:49 am
You dont need to. If you see somebody requesting a mirror you can re-upload the file(s) to another filehost. But of nobody is requesting a mirror its more of a waste of time to reupload. Also once reuploaded, the links are added to the opening post under download instructions once a mod sees the mirror.
Dec 7th, 2006, 12:49 am