Apps to communicate, list your contacts, etc.
Jul 23rd, 2016, 11:47 am
K-@ Mail Pro - Email App v1.15 Final Patched
Requirements: 4.0+
Overview: K-@ Mail Pro (Kat Mail Pro), the first and only email client for Android that combines a gorgeous graphical design with great user experience and the power of K-9 “under the hood”.

••••• Highlights •••••

★ Beautiful yet simple design for a great user experience
★ Automatic setup for many popular email services like Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail
★ Supports more email services via IMAP, POP3 and/or SMTP
★ Split-screen views on tablet sized screens
★ Advanced Email Widget
★ Rich-text editor to format text including the signature: bold, italic, underline, strike-through, superscript, subscript, text size, text color, background color, numbering, bullet points, indentation, left/center/right alignment, links, images, undo/redo.
★ Message threading
★ Remote search for IMAP accounts
★ Android Wear notifications (stacked notifications with preview and action buttons for individual mails)
★ Swipe messages to delete, archive or mark as spam
★ Swipe mails to navigate to the next/previous mail
★ Text-to-speech notifications based on user activity (driving, cycling, walking...)
★ Localized in more than 20 different languages
★ Encryption and signatures (PGP in conjunction with APG or OpenKeychain)
★ Highly configurable and customizable

••••• Supports •••••

✔ Phones and Tablets
✔ Portrait and landscape mode
✔ All screen types and sizes
✔ Keyboard, trackball and touch screen
✔ Tasker
✔ Dashclock Widget
✔ Android Wear
✔ Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, Smart Launcher
✔ Light Flow
✔ Enhanced SMS & Caller ID
✔ Missed It!
✔ Unread counts on recent Samsung, HTC, LG and Sony devices

••••• Permissions •••••

K-@ Mail uses the following permissions:
★ Network communication - full network access: retrieve, send, delete, update emails
★ Network communication - view network connections: enable/disable account synchronization depending on the availability and the type of the network connection
★ Network communication - Google Play license check: used to check the license of the Pro version
★ Sync Settings - read sync settings: enable/disable account synchronization depending on the background synchronization settings of the device
★ Your applications information - run at startup: scheduled polling and push email is started after the device has booted
★ Your social information - read your contacts: use contacts as recipients for emails
★ Your social information - modify your contacts: create contacts from recipient and sender fields
★ Your social information - activity recognition: used to notify incoming emails using text-to-speech based on the user's activity (walking, driving, running etc.).
★ Your accounts - find accounts on the device: used to populate the account setup screen with the default email account (only first account)
★ Affects Battery - control vibration: emails can be notified by vibration
★ Affects Battery - prevent device from sleeping: the device needs to be awake when emails are polled on a scheduled basis or pushed by the server
★ Storage - modify or delete the contents of your USB storage: store the account database on sdcard, load and save attachments from and to sdcard
★ System tools - test access to protected storage: this permission is automatically requested if the storage permission above is required
★ Location: this permission is requested by the activity recognition library Google uses (text-to-speech notifications based on user activities) but the location is actually never used, it's just a matter of Google bundling functionality together

WHAT'S NEW

Handles "Doze mode" on newer Android devices more gracefully. Doze mode was the cause of the app showing the "syncing disabled" message and preventing it from syncing mails in the background.

This app has no advertisements

More Info:
Code: Select allhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onegravity.k10.pro2

Download Instructions: credit Apkmos
https://dailyuploads.net/afxy3u7mt01x

Mirror:
(Closed Filehost) http://uploads.to/tmm6zz523bh6
https://userscloud.com/8mujdpupibkk
Jul 23rd, 2016, 11:47 am

Oct 13th, 2016, 8:42 am
Hi Nocna Furia and thanks for your amazing work :D

With K-@ Mail I have always the same issue, I get the error below:

App not installed. An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed

And no matter what, I have to fully uninstall it to allow the new version to install :(

Do you have a chance to solve this issue?

Oct 13th, 2016, 8:42 am
Jan 8th, 2018, 6:45 pm
Last updated: 2016-07-22.

Yet anybody unin' it? Been using it for years as my client of choice, but on modern Android it has problems keep the bg service running. I feel like it really needs update to keep with current PM standards, but it looks pretty cold dead.
Now switchin' to Aqua Mail which is updated on regular basis. It's a pity, this used to be a great email app.
Jan 8th, 2018, 6:45 pm
Jan 8th, 2018, 7:40 pm
Franz Ferdinand II. wrote:Last updated: 2016-07-22.

Yet anybody unin' it? Been using it for years as my client of choice, but on modern Android it has problems keep the bg service running. I feel like it really needs update to keep with current PM standards, but it looks pretty cold dead.
Now switchin' to Aqua Mail which is updated on regular basis. It's a pity, this used to be a great email app.

Yes it looks as though the devs have abandoned it. I still have it installed but use Aqua exclusively.
Jan 8th, 2018, 7:40 pm
Jan 8th, 2018, 7:44 pm
Franz Ferdinand II uses modern Android??? :D
Jan 8th, 2018, 7:44 pm
Jan 9th, 2018, 10:36 am
It is still working fine for me on Nougat note 8. Just need to change a few settings so the powersaving feature on Nougat wont kill k-@ mails process.
Jan 9th, 2018, 10:36 am
Feb 1st, 2019, 10:25 am
Just me?
I use this app on several Android devices, as I never found a more suitable and universal mail client.
But recently it started to act up on my Android 5.1 devices: just GMAIL mail servers can no longer be reached (first only when sending, now also when trying to retrieve). All other mail services (Yahoo, GMX, Hotmail etc) work fine.
The error is related to JAVAX SSL handshake issues, a JAVA issue.

Odd: the same app and revision runs without problems on my trustworthy Android 4.2 phone.

I tried to use the K-9 mail app (it does work), but it is impractical, not efficient to use.
I'd rather stick to this mail program.
Is there a new version or other way to patch it? Can anyone replicate this K-@ Mail/Gmail issue?

Thanks!
Feb 1st, 2019, 10:25 am
Feb 1st, 2019, 1:59 pm
Delete gmail account and recreate again. It works
Feb 1st, 2019, 1:59 pm
Feb 1st, 2019, 6:29 pm
K-@ Mail Pro is a dead project.

Use AquaMail Pro instead!
Feb 1st, 2019, 6:29 pm
Feb 1st, 2019, 7:08 pm
JackoMJ wrote:K-@ Mail Pro is a dead project.

Use AquaMail Pro instead!

I've tried 'em all over the years, with all their bells, whistles, and updated designs. Have always come back to K-@ Mail Pro. Shame it's abandonware.
Feb 1st, 2019, 7:08 pm
Feb 2nd, 2019, 9:01 am
Thanks for the info!
I was already suspecting that the app support has been dropped.
With 8 email accounts and 6 Android devices it is a nightmare to move from one mail client to another (somehow the profiles can not be cloned/transferred with backup tools?).
Will try to use the 'follow-up' version K-9 (from K-@="k-eight" I suppose) for now. Most likely it can be tweaked to work and look like the older app. But how long will that one last??
Feb 2nd, 2019, 9:01 am
Feb 2nd, 2019, 11:01 am
Works fine for me (gmail, hotmail, corporate mail) with Oreo note 8
Feb 2nd, 2019, 11:01 am
Feb 3rd, 2019, 10:14 am
As said, this app stopped working on my 5.1 devices; it still works unchanged on my 4.2 phone.
I am no expert as to Java and the classes used by app.
Even more confusing: another (banking) app stopped working with almost the identical JAVAX 23 error on the 4.2 device, but runs fine on the 5.1 TV boxes and tablet; exactly opposite to K-@, go figure THAT ONE out. The miracles of Android.
K-Nine is not that bad after changing all the settings.
Feb 3rd, 2019, 10:14 am
Feb 3rd, 2019, 4:42 pm
BTW, you can import the settings of K-@ Mai into K9 (and vice versa)... The only thing you need to do is to rename the backup file and then import it.

I have tried it several times and 95% of the settings were successfully imported both ways... obviously some options (+/- 5%) only exist in one of the 2 apps, hence the backup file cannot handle 100% of the configuration, but it's pretty close to that.

Hope this helps... Good luck!
Feb 3rd, 2019, 4:42 pm