Support for everything about jailbreaking.
Sep 2nd, 2009, 4:45 am
Does this method work for the 3.0.1 update as well or just 3.0 firmware?

Thanks.
Sep 2nd, 2009, 4:45 am
Sep 5th, 2009, 5:44 pm
The moment many iPhone owners have been waiting for is here: the iPhone Dev-Team’s Ultrasn0w unlock for iPhone OS 3.0 is ready for public consumption.

Unfortunately, this unlock currently works only with the 1st generation iPhone, as well as iPhone 3G, but not with the iPhone 3G S. Lucky owners of this beautiful device will have to wait just a bit longer.
For the unlock and instructions on how to use it, visit the iPhone Dev-Team blog.

I've read this post online here: http://mashable.com/2009/06/23/ultrasn0w-iphone-os-3-0/
I 'm not sure if this is true????
Sep 5th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Sep 5th, 2009, 11:29 pm
iPhone Dev-Team’s

redsn0w WILL work for all iPhones (the original type), Original iPod touch, iPod touch 2G and the iPhone 3G (and the iPhone 3GS).

Strait from Dev_teams blog !!!!!!!!!! :-)
Sep 5th, 2009, 11:29 pm

Still waiting for valid GPS signal !!
Sep 8th, 2009, 4:57 am
I was not talking about redsnow it was ULTRASNOW use to unlock the IPHONE 3GS. Peoples are having problems with it. I was trying to find out a little more information about it before I use it on my phone.
Sep 8th, 2009, 4:57 am
Sep 8th, 2009, 4:13 pm
I was curious if iTunes version 8.2.1 will work for these processess?
Sep 8th, 2009, 4:13 pm
Sep 13th, 2009, 7:42 pm
As another poster has already asked, would any of these work for the 3GS 3.0.1?
Sep 13th, 2009, 7:42 pm
Sep 17th, 2009, 12:27 pm
Well I am lucky enough to receive as a gift the Iphone 3gs with version 3.1!!!
The device already unlocked and seems fantastic!!
One question.
As I've read in the previous posts there is already guidance for jailfree installation for version 3.0 .
What about version 3.1. Is it possible with v 3.0 guidance or I have to wait
Thanks
Sep 17th, 2009, 12:27 pm
Sep 17th, 2009, 12:51 pm
sadly, I've tried three apps now, and none will install, I just get an error each time

my phone is jailbroken, has cydia on it, etc etc..but no luck with any apps I've downloaded from here.
Sep 17th, 2009, 12:51 pm
Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 pm
If you are happy with your current 3.01 os on your iPhone that are already jailbreak/ unlock or both, then stay with it don't mess around and ended up with no phone or headache.

A day after the latest iPhone software became available, some users are complaining about new problems with their phones like a shorter battery life and random shutdowns.

Apple on Wednesday introduced version 3.1 of the iPhone software in iTunes, where it became available for phone users to download.

[ Get InfoWorld's 28-page hands-on look at the new iPhone OS from the perspective of business and IT pros, including reviews of iPhone configuration management and application development tools, all from InfoWorld’s editors and contributors. ]

By Thursday, people began complaining on an Apple support forum and Twitter about problems.

"I updated last night without a hitch," one user going by the name MarkGoBlue wrote on the forum. "But now I get random complete shut downs of the phone." After a hard reboot, he can get the phone back to normal.

Four people commented that they had the same issue, with one person saying that the phone has shut down five times since downloading the new software.

Other users say that the battery life of the phone seems much shorter since making the update. One says that he upgraded the phone and charged the battery to 100 percent. After going to bed and waking up six hours later, the battery life was at 55 percent, he said. During that time the phone didn't receive any calls, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth were turned off.

Some customers are also saying that after making the update, all their podcasts seem to show up in random order, rather than by date.

Some corporate users have also started having trouble synching their Exchange e-mail since the 3.1 upgrade.

Scattered reports of problems have popped up during the past couple of iPhone software updates, typically related to the volume of people trying to download the update at once.

Apple did not immediately reply to a request for comment about the reported issues.
Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 pm
Sep 19th, 2009, 4:35 am
jailbreaking and unlocking worked like a charm (although much more complicated than flashing windows mobile phones). Now to write a tutorial on something special. It should be here in a few days unless my plan fails.
Sep 19th, 2009, 4:35 am
Sep 20th, 2009, 2:48 am
twisted-pixel wrote:sadly, I've tried three apps now, and none will install, I just get an error each time

my phone is jailbroken, has cydia on it, etc etc..but no luck with any apps I've downloaded from here.

I also have followed the Sticky about installing apps and all I get are errors as well.
The apps when added to the Itunes library had "Uknown Genre" underneath them, maybe they need to be assigned the "Navigation" Genre to work ?.

Thanks
Sep 20th, 2009, 2:48 am
Sep 21st, 2009, 4:45 am
VK6TVA wrote:
twisted-pixel wrote:sadly, I've tried three apps now, and none will install, I just get an error each time

I also have followed the Sticky about installing apps and all I get are errors as well.
The apps when added to the Itunes library had "Uknown Genre" underneath them, maybe they need to be assigned the "Navigation" Genre to work ?.

Thanks

AppSync probably was not installed properly. Once you add it in Cydia and the installation process is taking place it may appear the installation is complete because there is a tab, which states something like, "go to main page of cydia" (something like that). Ignore clicking this tab and let the installation complete. You should be directed to reboot your device afterwards.

edit: this probably is not the solution because your issue seems iTunes dependant
Sep 21st, 2009, 4:45 am
Sep 24th, 2009, 4:25 pm
Helloo I phone funs!!

Just a quick reminder: did anyone knows the fact thet I phone comes in many country as sim locked!
After open up this lock,you might have loose the warranty.BUT NOT IN EVERY CASE!!!

So if you think how much is the TURBO SIM cost,and how much the repair in the service for your loved I phonr,it is clearly easy solution.

This is just an idea!! so well: TURBO SIM (google it) costs around 15USD and works when you need and phone is free for all kind of sim.Just pull it out,and it is back to normal.You can take it back to service and no warranty is lost!!

The other softwares are just amazing here.The truly Mecca for I phone users.
Thank you for all the support,and the clear settings e.t.c 4!

helios
Sep 24th, 2009, 4:25 pm
Oct 2nd, 2009, 1:29 am
is anyone else getting a 404 error when adding the source?
Oct 2nd, 2009, 1:29 am