Discuss internal Pocket PC hardware as well as accessories such as GPS receivers, keyboards, memory cards, cables, etc. here.
Apr 27th, 2017, 11:48 am
Hello..

I think it's time to officially crown Sony and Nintendo the big two competition again.

Microsoft has fallen to the sidelines. Everybody agrees and knows that if you want a worse version of a game, you get the xbox one.

Nintendo is on a path to break sales records and ps4 is just pumping out exclusive after exclusive.
Apr 27th, 2017, 11:48 am
May 12th, 2017, 12:56 pm
I can't comment on the Xbox One's versions of any game, as neither I nor any of my mates have the console. I love the original Xbox and still play on it regularly, both it's games and it's my emulator machine too (SNES/Megadrive/MAME/various 8 bit emulators/etc), and it would still be my media player except that it's not fast enough to play hi-definition movies (but, using XBMC, it's fantastic for all other movies, and music). I have a PS2 too, and it's fantastic, but to me the first XBox is better.

And I love the Xbox 360. The PS3 is great, but I prefer the 360, and before the current consoles were announced, I thought I'd buy the Xbox 3 instead of the Playstation 4, but Microsoft totally put me off with their amazingly bad first look event at the XBox 3. The draconian DRM (including having to connect to MS's servers at least once every 24 hours or you couldn't run a game), Kinnect support being compulsory (and the resulting concerns about privacy), not being able to buy or run used games, and I think a few more anti-consumer 'features' really put me and all of my mates off buying one.

Even the name was stupid. The "Xbox One", what sort of name is that for the third Xbox? After the 360 was released, most of us started calling the first Xbox the "Xbox 1" to differentiate it from the 360, but now we can't do that, and it's made it more difficult when searching the net for information related to the first Xbox.

Granted these problems, sorry 'features' have mostly been dropped, either before or since the console was released, but the damage was already done. I didn't think twice about going down the PS4 route instead, and I don't regret it at all. It means that I've missed out on Halo 5 and Rare Replay (I'd love Rare Replay, but I have most of the games on their original machines, so I can live without it), and maybe Quantum Break, but I don't miss the Xbox One at all. I might buy one later on, maybe used, but there's nothing else I really want on it (that I know of), so maybe not.
May 12th, 2017, 12:56 pm
May 12th, 2017, 3:15 pm
Moved to Hardware & Accessories.

Sorry if this is not the right place either to post this. ;)
May 12th, 2017, 3:15 pm