Feb 7th, 2018, 3:36 pm
Hi all
I was wondering how do I delete a post of mine that as a broken book link.
And I do not have access anymore to the active link

Thank you

merry60 wrote:You are not supposed to delete, please see your PMs.
Feb 7th, 2018, 3:36 pm
Feb 8th, 2018, 9:44 pm
Hi, I was wondering how to do a search for adult audiobooks? I realize there is a section for adult books and I have seen audio files in the area for regular ebooks, but I have found no way to search for them in a general way.

merry60 wrote:You are correct, there are adult ebooks and there are audiobooks, but not adult audiobooks. For any other type of audiobook you may need to follow the advanced search instructions included in the opening post of this Help thread, see if it helps.
Feb 8th, 2018, 9:44 pm
Feb 16th, 2018, 3:19 pm
I have had a few members PM me recently saying they are unable to download some of my ebooks from my Uloz (file hoster) download links. Personally, I have had no problems downloading from Uloz. At another forum I belong to I set up a discussion on this problem. Some people download directly, and others use download managers such as FreeRapid Downloader and JDownloader.

It seems Uloz may have made some changes recently to their website and the above download managers have not yet updated their Uloz plugins. I wonder if that is the problem, or if there is some other problem.

This process works for me:

1. Click on "slow download"
2. Enter slow download captcha
3. Click on download button underneath captcha box
4. This panel appears:

You can see the grey progress bar moving left to right for 'free stazeni'. This indicates the download is occurring. Maybe you can even click on "close the ad" to close this download progress screen.
5. Go to the folder where your download files go to and check, you should see the file has downloaded there. Alternately, if you use Firefox, check where your downloaded files are listed on the toolbar.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Feb 16th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Please PM me if links are dead, and I will do my best to refresh them.
Feb 17th, 2018, 5:40 pm
i have a problem with some off my epub files, when i open them in my epub reader there is some really wierd signs and shit like (Jody’s - wasn’t - don’t )
anyone know what that is can it be fixed or do i just have to life with it?
Feb 17th, 2018, 5:40 pm
Feb 17th, 2018, 5:44 pm
I just don't bother!
Feb 17th, 2018, 5:44 pm
Feb 17th, 2018, 6:02 pm
shurtugal92 wrote:i have a problem with some off my epub files, when i open them in my epub reader there is some really wierd signs and shit like (Jody’s - wasn’t - don’t )

It's a poor conversion. About the only way to fix it is to use search-and-replace with an epub editing program such as Sigil (or perhaps Calibre?). You'll need to have basic familiarity with HTML to use Sigil but it is freeware (https://sigil-ebook.com/). Basically you'll globally replace the ’ with a singe quote (') and do something similar as needed for double quotes, hyphens, etc. In each case there should be just one group of characters for each type of punctuation.
Feb 17th, 2018, 6:02 pm

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Feb 17th, 2018, 6:22 pm
Fizban wrote:
shurtugal92 wrote:i have a problem with some off my epub files, when i open them in my epub reader there is some really wierd signs and shit like (Jody’s - wasn’t - don’t )

It's a poor conversion. About the only way to fix it is to use search-and-replace with an epub editing program such as Sigil (or perhaps Calibre?). You'll need to have basic familiarity with HTML to use Sigil but it is freeware (https://sigil-ebook.com/). Basically you'll globally replace the ’ with a singe quote (') and do something similar as needed for double quotes, hyphens, etc. In each case there should be just one group of characters for each type of punctuation.

Sounds like more work then reward, guess i gotta live with it. But Thank for the fast response :)
Feb 17th, 2018, 6:22 pm
Feb 17th, 2018, 11:50 pm
shurtugal92 wrote:Sounds like more work then reward, guess i gotta live with it. But Thank for the fast response :)

Since I answered your post I've been told that fixing the problem via Calibre is actually easier. When you go to convert (you can convert from epub to epub), under Look and Feel - open 'text' tab, and on Input character encoding, choose UTF-8. It may show up in uppercase or lowercase (utf-8). Then when the conversion is done it changes all of those weird characters into the correct punctuation.

Maybe that will be easier. For me, I'm in Sigil all the time so that is actually easier for me to use. :)
Feb 17th, 2018, 11:50 pm

- Mark Twain
Feb 19th, 2018, 2:31 pm
Regarding request for updating links to books: I know that if they have not responded for awhile I can ask for a mirror and that I have to post in the thread. What is a thread, where do I find it, and how do I do it. My hard drive crashed and I have had to have a new one fitted the man managed to recover some of my books but others were corrupted and would not open. So hence trying to get a lot of my older books back. Some have been done very quickly but there are quite a few that have not responded.

Could you please explain in easy terms, as I am a lady of a certain age, and not very computer savvy.

Whilst here can you let me know how to thank the people who have responded as I already thanked them previously and it will not let me thank them again, I do not want to appear ungrateful for the re-upload.
Feb 19th, 2018, 2:31 pm
Feb 19th, 2018, 8:08 pm
page22turner wrote:Regarding request for updating links to books: I know that if they have not responded for awhile I can ask for a mirror and that I have to post in the thread. What is a thread, where do I find it, and how do I do it. My hard drive crashed and I have had to have a new one fitted the man managed to recover some of my books but others were corrupted and would not open. So hence trying to get a lot of my older books back. Some have been done very quickly but there are quite a few that have not responded.

Could you please explain in easy terms, as I am a lady of a certain age, and not very computer savvy.

Whilst here can you let me know how to thank the people who have responded as I already thanked them previously and it will not let me thank them again, I do not want to appear ungrateful for the re-upload.

You were looking for a book, you searched and found it, but the post had dead links. That post with the book you wanted and the dead links is the thread, the place where you must post.

Scroll down the page until you find the "quick reply" window, enter your message and click submit. Your message must read that you sent a PM to the poster on (date of your pm) but it went unanswered.

To show your appreciation, there is nothing better than a few nice words in a PM, all posters like that. You could also consider donating some WRZ$ of your own.

However, and as a side note, you need to know that re-uploading is an obligation, not a favour. So if you did not receive a reply from an active poster you must report the poster. Please PM me for more details.
Feb 19th, 2018, 8:08 pm
Feb 19th, 2018, 9:39 pm
I would like to post a release in the E-book section, Romance category. However, I can't find the button "New Thread" or "New Topic". Why does that happen?
Feb 19th, 2018, 9:39 pm
Feb 19th, 2018, 10:13 pm
crismjj wrote:I would like to post a release in the E-book section, Romance category. However, I can't find the button "New Thread" or "New Topic". Why does that happen?

Home » Device-independent » eBooks » eBook Releases > New Thread [in upper left corner of page]
Fill in the form (I like "Template"). Submit.
A mod will review it and if all is in order will enter your release in your chosen category.
Feb 19th, 2018, 10:13 pm
Feb 19th, 2018, 10:46 pm
PollyannaRoe wrote:
crismjj wrote:I would like to post a release in the E-book section, Romance category. However, I can't find the button "New Thread" or "New Topic". Why does that happen?

Home » Device-independent » eBooks » eBook Releases > New Thread [in upper left corner of page]
Fill in the form (I like "Template"). Submit.
A mod will review it and if all is in order will enter your release in your chosen category.

As you can see in the picture below, there is no "New Thread" button.

http://i64...jpg
Feb 19th, 2018, 10:46 pm
Feb 19th, 2018, 10:49 pm
That is because users cannot post directly into the categories. You must post in ebook Releases, then the moderator on duty will check it and categorize it if there are no issues. If there are, then via PM they will ask for the issues to be corrected and then the post will be categorized.
Feb 19th, 2018, 10:49 pm

- Mark Twain
Feb 19th, 2018, 11:04 pm
Fizban wrote:That is because users cannot post directly into the categories. You must post in ebook Releases, then the moderator on duty will check it and categorize it if there are no issues. If there are, then via PM they will ask for the issues to be corrected and then the post will be categorized.

Ok, I got it now. Thanks a lot! :)
Feb 19th, 2018, 11:04 pm