yes i have just tried changing this mine was called manual_card.txt when i changed this is still get the message not data file found. When i change it to manual_path.txt i get the message tow cards found using 2 and then it crashes.
I get these messages for all your software. but i only have the manual_card file in the birds software it is not in any of the others.
Anything else i can do to get it to work?
PROBLEMS IN CODE OR INCOMPATIBILITY ERRORS?
You find you get these errors from all my software? That suggests to me that the problem is your device system. If it were bad code then surely everyone else would be reporting these problems? The software works just fine on my own pda.
That you find the program crashes on your device is an indication of a problem with your system. Is it fully compatible with the Windows Mobile and NET CF 2.0 or better system specifications for my software?
Please understand that I take reports of problems like yours very seriously because the code gets changed lots and it would be easy to introduce a problem that was not there before. This forum gives me first indications of such a situation.
But also I suspect that some of the devices people use are not fully compatible. I know HTC devices has modified firmware that gives gps problems. Then there is the multi-card system that is totally unpredictable. I try to make fixes for these incompatibilities (like the manual_path.txt fix that was introduced for someone's device that categorised its sd cards differently to the norm).
I have just re-tested Trees on my device. I renamed the path to my SD card to some rubbish path (I edited sdcard.txt) and then I set manual path setting (I changed the value in manual_path.txt to a 1) to force the program to use the rubbish path in sdcard.txt. Predictably the program said it could not find the sd card. So it is working perfectly on my PDA. My pda is a n oldish non-phone pocket PC and not a mobile phone with the WM extras attached so I feel it probably represents the standard for a Pocket PC rather than a PDA phone.
I sincerely wish I could help more but I believe your device is not 100% compatible with WM and .NET CF 2.0 or 3.5. There is no way the exe should crash. I believe there is a compatibility conflict between the .NETcf 2.0 libraries I use and your device's hardware drivers (firmware). If that is true then you may find an earlier version which doesn't use the problem Net library would work. It won't be something I can rollback though, as then it would stop working for lots of other people.
I have tried lots of games from ppcwarez site but less than 40% work on my device because of errors of all sorts. I guess most developers don't bother to get their programs working properly for everyone. They just write them and release them to whoever can make them work. I really don't wish to do that but some people's problems seem insoluble. I can only say that software will work on devices have to be 100% Windows Mobile compatible with .Net CF 2.0 or better. I can't say what would happen on mobile phones running Windows CE, for example.