Support for everything about jailbreaking.
Jun 28th, 2010, 9:19 am
The following is a small tutorial that will explain how to upgrade to IOS4 and keep the jailbreak and carrier unlock.
NOTE: To jailbreak with sn0wbreeze you have to be on FW 3.1.2 , 3.1.3 or 4.0 GM jailbroken and NOT jailbroken with Spirit . If you are jailbroken with with Spirit, you need to add http://repo.woowiz.net to cydia and install Spirit2Pwn in order to be able to restore a custom firmware without getting errors.
NOTE: IF you are on iOS 4 final , you must first downgrade to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 , jailbreak and then jailbreak with Snowbreeze
You will need: Supported devices:
  • iPhone 3G
  • iPhone 3Gs ( with old iBoot )
  • iPod Touch 2G

HOW TO:
1. Connect your iOS device via USB and launch Sn0wbreeze. If you are running Windows Vista or 7 you might want in Administrator mode ( even though you should be fine, because the tool is set to asks UAC first ) …
2. On the next screen, choose ‘Expert Mode’ and continue…
3. Now you will have to click on ‘Browse’ and look for the stock iOS 4 downloaded on your desktop. Select it and click ok. The tool will analyze the firmware automatically detecting the iOS device that you want to jailbreak. Click continue…
4. On the next screen select ‘General’ and click continue…
5. Next screen will look like this:

• You can select to hacktivate your iPhone ( if you have a factory unlocked iPhone DON’T select that option )
  • You can increase the size of the root partition ( or leave as it is )
  • OPTIONAL: add sn0wbreeze app
  • OPTIONAL: make IPSW NOR-Only ( flashes the NOR part of your iOS device, where is where your boot logos are, so you can change boot logos without a full restore )

6. On the next screen, you will have the option for an unlock. iH8sn0w forgot to remove this step so SKIP IT…
7. On the next screen you will have the options to install Cydia and Rock.app . We suggest you only install Cydia…
8. Now you can pre-install Cydia sources and packages (optional)…
9. Now you can choose to install iH8sn0w’s boot logos, upload your own boot logos or continue using Apple’s default boot logos ( your choice )
10. Now you are all done. Build your custom .ipsw
11. Now you need to put the iOS device in DFU mode. To do that, unplug the device, turn it off. Once off hold the home button and plug it back in ( continue holding the home button ) until you will see the ‘connect to iTunes logo’ on your screen ( iPhone’s screen, not computer screen )
12. Load iTunes, it will prompt you that it has found a device in recovery mode
13. Now hit ‘shift+restore’ and look for the custom firmware you just created with sn0wbreeze. Restore your iOS device
14. Thats it. Enjoy.

The original tutorial is from FSM. It's not made by me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okzdojpuWiI&feature=player_embedded
For visual reference you can check the vid above, but make sure you read the entire tutorial.
Jun 28th, 2010, 9:19 am
Jun 28th, 2010, 9:26 am
I have been looking for the way to jailbreak the iPhone 3Gs with iOS 4. I will try this way.
Jun 28th, 2010, 9:26 am

Mobile Phone Apps, News, Hacks, More: PhoneGiz.com

More sensitive gadget information: Gadgetoz.com

Tech News
Jun 28th, 2010, 1:21 pm
I have used this method and it worked for my 3GS. But, you need an old bootrom!
Jun 28th, 2010, 1:21 pm
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:10 pm
How to check what bootrom I have? What version of Bootrom is supported by this?
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:10 pm
Jul 3rd, 2010, 9:24 am
I have f0recast and it is showing the following information :

Baseband : 05.12.01
Bootloader : 6.4
Model : MC134
Jul 3rd, 2010, 9:24 am
Jul 3rd, 2010, 1:55 pm
In the same app you should also see the answer to thethered. If it is NO than you can try the update because it will work.

Is it the first time you want to jailbreak ?
I'm not 100% sure, but i believe that MC134 is at the beginning of thetered era.. So it can be either way.
Jul 3rd, 2010, 1:55 pm
Jul 3rd, 2010, 3:57 pm
Is there any easier way to do this yet?
I upgraded to iOS 4 on my iPod Touch 2G, forgot to backup all my music and spent all day yesterday downloading all my music back.
I really don't want to have to go through all that again, near 1600 songs backing up would take forever.
I think before I used black rain for 3.1.3
Jul 3rd, 2010, 3:57 pm

SUPPORT THE FILM INDUSTRY. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jul 4th, 2010, 10:24 am
Untill now the only way for having a JB IOS4 is to create a custom JB firmware and restore it from an already JB IOS 3.1.2 and , since yesterday, from a JB with spirit 3.1.3. I updated the first post
Jul 4th, 2010, 10:24 am
Jul 7th, 2010, 9:02 am
Seems like I can't downgrade.
Keep getting an unknown error (3194)
Jul 7th, 2010, 9:02 am

Jul 7th, 2010, 9:47 am
3194 usually means that in your windows hosts you have multiple entries for gs.apple.com
Edit your hosts file and make sure that 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com is the first in the document(after the examples)
The file is located in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Jul 7th, 2010, 9:47 am
Jul 7th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Tried doing that, all it did was make the error come up faster.
I read furthermore into this and I think you need your SHSH to downgrade.
Which I do not have.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was using FW 3.1.3. Apparently that host thing only works with 3.1.2
Jul 7th, 2010, 5:33 pm

Jul 7th, 2010, 7:08 pm
Had you tried redsnow 0.9.5b5-4 yet Demlor? I believe iPod 2G is supported by it.
Jul 7th, 2010, 7:08 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jul 7th, 2010, 7:48 pm
No, I didn't.
I still get an error (2) doing the sn0wbreeze way.
I'm just gonna NOW update to iOS 4 and try redsn0w.
This is going to be a long day...haha.
Jul 7th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Jul 23rd, 2010, 9:30 am
I have a friend with exactly the same error messages but he's on 3.1.2 ... Haven't found a solution yet...
Did you manage to JB ?
Jul 23rd, 2010, 9:30 am