Support for everything about jailbreaking.
Aug 1st, 2010, 11:39 pm
For the past few weeks, comex and the iPhone Dev Team have been hard at work creating the iOS4 / iPhone 4's jailbreak.
And it is now officially released - all you have to do is visit JailbreakMe.com once again - this time from your iPhone 4. Oh, and it's not just for the iPhone 4. The renewed JailbreakMe.com now supports a TON of devices:
iPod 1G on 3.1.2
iPod 1G on 3.1.3
iPod 2G on 3.1.2
iPod 2G on 3.1.3
iPod 2G on 4.0
iPod 3G on 3.1.2
iPod 3G on 3.1.3
iPod 3G on 4.0
iPad on 3.2
iPad on 3.2.1
iPhone 3G on 3.1.2
iPhone 3G on 3.1.3
iPhone 3G on 4.0
iPhone 3G on 4.0.1
iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.2
iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.3
iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0
iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0.1
iPhone 4 on 4.0
iPhone 4 on 4.0.1

Much time was put into the development of this jailbreak, and it's smooth as butter - when you visit the website from your iPhone, you're greeted with a slick "Slide to Jailbreak" slider. And... well, that's it. You slide. It jailbreaks your iPhone. Cydia is on your homescreen. No restarting your phone (although when you open Cydia the first time it will do it's normal first-run rearranging of file system and require a restart), no button sequence, just a jailbroken iPhone 4. Or iPhone 3G[S]. Or iPod Touch. Or iPad. You get the picture.

We expect Pwnage Tool to receive a refresh sometime soon for folks who like the added benefits it offers (root partition sizing, boot images, auto-install packages, non-userland jailbreak, etc), but for now there's no official time on a release for that, and my iPhone 4 is jailbroken. 3 cheers for comex and the Dev Team.

Installation instructions:
1) Go to http://www.JailbreakMe.com from your iPhone's Safari browser
2) Slide 2 Jailbreak
3) Enjoy!

Notes:
It's not working properly on some iPads that have IOS 3.2.1
The lines that appear on the screen during the boot are normal on the Iphone 4. It's the actual jb code that is stored on the videocard ram.
Aug 1st, 2010, 11:39 pm
Aug 2nd, 2010, 6:17 pm
I assume there is pretty heavy traffic, request keeps timing out.
Aug 2nd, 2010, 6:17 pm
Aug 2nd, 2010, 6:44 pm
Yeah. They are trying now to add a new server... Hope it won't take too long. In the first night the server crashed completely...
Aug 2nd, 2010, 6:44 pm
Aug 2nd, 2010, 6:55 pm
Something like this will always be popular, looking forward to getting my jailbreak back, cheers for letting me know.
Aug 2nd, 2010, 6:55 pm
Aug 2nd, 2010, 9:33 pm
Finally got the jailbreak sorted but now I can't install apps downloaded from here and it looks like the root password has changed, it is no longer alpine, or at least i can no longer connect, so i assume the pw has changed.
Aug 2nd, 2010, 9:33 pm
Aug 2nd, 2010, 9:55 pm
Ignore my above comments, it was me being a cock...I forgot to reinstall appsync...doh!!

trying to change my root password but Terminal opens then immediately closes, anyone got any ideas if I have missed something?
Aug 2nd, 2010, 9:55 pm
Aug 3rd, 2010, 9:48 pm
dont worry should be ok now, was only told last night by text was gonna post on here but sore it was already done, works fine good thing is once u backed up on pc , its all done by iphone this time so no messing around and is done with in no time and is simple to use, enjoy it as i certainly will hehe.
all the best andy
Aug 3rd, 2010, 9:48 pm
Aug 4th, 2010, 1:54 pm
ga!nusha, I got it sorted in the end, there is a new version of mobileterminal which is not official yet hence it's not on Cydia. I got hold of the deb file and installed it that way, all is now sorted.

Cheers
Aug 4th, 2010, 1:54 pm
Aug 8th, 2010, 10:48 am
Hey guys, i am a Windows Phone user but for me..i am still a total noob in iDevice. I have a iTouch 3G came with firmware 3.1.3, never JB before. So does that mean that i can upgrade to iOS4 after saving my SHSH and visit jailbreakme.com to JB it? Thanks a bunch :)
Aug 8th, 2010, 10:48 am

Aug 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
yes, that is correct. You will be able to jailbreak !
Aug 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Aug 21st, 2010, 5:43 am
Hi:
When I go to the site: http://www.jailbreakme.com
I see the correct "slide to jailbreak" screen, but I am not able to slide. If I click on the More Info link, that does work.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

PS: I am using iPod Touch 2G with firmware version 3.1.3

UPDATE: I was finally able to get it to work. I cleared cache, history etc..., the reset network settings.
I then used the web address: http://www.jailbreakme.modmyi.com/
Aug 21st, 2010, 5:43 am
Aug 24th, 2010, 6:44 am
what's going on guys and girls? i got my itouch about 2 weeks ago and jumped on board with the jailbreak. I used Espirit to jailbreak it was a simple process. my stock firmware version (7E18) i then went into cydia and clicked make my life easier for my shshs files to be backed up. problem is i tried to unjailbreak today by reinstalling my stock firmware because i was heading into the applestore. it didnt let me. it said build not supported or something of that nature. when i look on top of the screen in cydia it says that "this device has shshs on file for iphone os/ios 4.0, 4.0.2. Since I have a touch shouldn't it says something about the touch instead of the iphone and shouldnt the firmware be close to what mine is. I'm new so bare with me. This is my first apple product ever. Since its listing the info of the 4.0 software, am i capable of upgrading to firmware 4.0 without a problem and will i still be able 2 jailbreak. since i read that 4.0.2 is the devil. and will i be able to fresh install 4.0 if i ever have any problems. thanks for the help in advance.
Aug 24th, 2010, 6:44 am
Aug 24th, 2010, 10:12 am
The shsh blobs are saved by cydia only if it allowed by apple(cydia downloads from apple servers the shsh). What does this mean, it means that no matter what version you have installed, cydia can only save the shsh of the latest version released by apple.
Example: if you have 3.1.3 on your iTouch and when you jailbreak it the latest OS for your device is 4.0 you won't be able to save the shsh for 3.1.3

But no worries, you will be able to install a custom 4.0 already jailbroken, or you can download an official one, restore your custom restore your iTouch and then jailbreak using the method described in this topic.
Aug 24th, 2010, 10:12 am