Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Mar 23rd, 2019, 10:16 pm
Just recentlu( the last week) when I try to download, the message comes up that Chrome is blocking my download. I am a subscriber with a premium account and never had this happen before. Any advice?
Mar 23rd, 2019, 10:16 pm
Mar 23rd, 2019, 10:42 pm
mzr119 wrote:Just recentlu( the last week) when I try to download, the message comes up that Chrome is blocking my download. I am a subscriber with a premium account and never had this happen before. Any advice?

Please read here (point 1): Premium System FAQ

And here (scroll down): .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file
Mar 23rd, 2019, 10:42 pm
Mar 24th, 2019, 7:06 am
mzr119 wrote:Just recentlu( the last week) when I try to download, the message comes up that Chrome is blocking my download. I am a subscriber with a premium account and never had this happen before. Any advice?

The same thing is happening to me, too. Thanks for the links, Merry60. I hope there's a way to whitelist this site with Chrome. What a PITA.
Mar 24th, 2019, 7:06 am
Mar 25th, 2019, 8:50 pm
Monika330 wrote:

The same thing is happening to me, too. Thanks for the links, Merry60. I hope there's a way to whitelist this site with Chrome. What a PITA.

Whitelists won't help since Chrome is blocking files it believes to be infected, rather than a site it believes to be infected. I suggest you get a normal antivirus (AVG, Avira, even Windows' default one will do just fine) and disable Chrome's broken safe browsing.
Mar 25th, 2019, 8:50 pm
Mar 26th, 2019, 12:27 am
Well, I understand if Chrome blocks .exe, .rar, etc files but blocking .ePub files is too much.
Disabling its useless "safe" browsing.
Mar 26th, 2019, 12:27 am

Protect your eyes: read True PDFs only.
Image Download from DropGalaxy at your own risk Image
Mar 27th, 2019, 6:45 pm
It's not only Chrome doing the blocking. Ditto for Microsoft Edge. I'm wondering if the files themselves have been hijacked in some way. File sizes don't always match up between what is posted with the title here and what is claimed by the file locker site. After one download, Edge did a security scan which failed and it then blocked the file.
Mar 27th, 2019, 6:45 pm
Mar 28th, 2019, 4:09 am
Doctor_Who wrote:It's not only Chrome doing the blocking. Ditto for Microsoft Edge. I'm wondering if the files themselves have been hijacked in some way. File sizes don't always match up between what is posted with the title here and what is claimed by the file locker site. After one download, Edge did a security scan which failed and it then blocked the file.

Edge and Chrome are not full-fledged antiviruses and are often wrong. As I mentioned before, any real antivirus will be vastly superior to what Chrome and Edge can offer, including free options like AVG and Avira. You can also manually scan files on virustotal.com, which will run the files through a lot of other antiviruses and give you each of their results.
Mar 28th, 2019, 4:09 am