Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Feb 10th, 2007, 6:40 pm
The option to rate a release is above every release.
It is barely used.
Maybe a little WR$ reward can give some motivation to rate a release.
Feb 10th, 2007, 6:40 pm
Feb 10th, 2007, 7:37 pm
Can you give an indication of what you'd expect? 0.05 WRZ$? It is half the effort of a reply.
Feb 10th, 2007, 7:37 pm
Feb 10th, 2007, 8:41 pm
Yes, that would be a good start.
People will really misuse the rating system if we give rewards for rating releases.
Feb 12th, 2007, 1:41 pm
lifehacker wrote:People will really misuse the rating system if we give rewards for rating releases.

What misuse do you mean? If you're afraid people going to do some WRZ$-shopping by jumping from post to post and rating anything to get the rating reward, then allow people to rate only if they make a reply in that post. Push it a little further and make the first reply contain what they like/dislike in that program. Use your imagination. Make the rating system work please.

Are you thinking of other misuse? I'm sure you can find a solution...
Feb 12th, 2007, 1:41 pm
Feb 13th, 2007, 10:36 am
If we made the reward low enough to not encourage abuse, but enough to encourage ratings we should be fine. Rating on reply is a good idea, and it's not hard to enable.
Feb 13th, 2007, 10:36 am
Feb 13th, 2007, 1:18 pm
I guess we could do rating on reply with a consequent reward. However, then we will also need to fix the problem of users being able to go back and rate a thread again (you can do that at the moment).
Feb 13th, 2007, 1:18 pm
Feb 13th, 2007, 1:50 pm
lifehacker wrote:we will also need to fix the problem .

And as you have nothing else to do...
Feb 13th, 2007, 1:50 pm
Feb 14th, 2007, 3:22 am
lifehacker wrote:I guess we could do rating on reply with a consequent reward. However, then we will also need to fix the problem of users being able to go back and rate a thread again (you can do that at the moment).

Easy, only takes a new db and it will be sorted, log who rates what topic id#, the same way you would have to have the id# in the posting table to be able to use the rating function.
Feb 14th, 2007, 3:22 am
Feb 15th, 2007, 6:29 am
Guy1731 wrote:
lifehacker wrote:we will also need to fix the problem .

And as you have nothing else to do...

I hope that is a joke. :roll: They've taken on some HUGE projects in the past weeks. Like the phenomenal, now working, amazing RSHack. :D
Feb 15th, 2007, 6:29 am

If one of my releases needs to be reuploaded... PM me!
Feb 22nd, 2007, 1:42 pm
Is there a reason for rating to be anonymous? Otherwise, I would like to see each rating reflected in one's post. For example: someone rates a game 7/10 then in the following comments everybody can see how much that user rated this game.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 1:42 pm
Feb 22nd, 2007, 3:33 pm
Guy1731 wrote:Is there a reason for rating to be anonymous? Otherwise, I would like to see each rating reflected in one's post. For example: someone rates a game 7/10 then in the following comments everybody can see how much that user rated this game.

I dont think that will be a good idea. In large topics with more than 20 ratings, this will get really annoying if we force every user to add a review to his/her rating. EDIT: if we add a special place to add a rating this might be ok (all ratings and comments will then be displayed from a special view).
Feb 22nd, 2007, 3:33 pm

Support developers.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 4:25 pm
lifehacker wrote:[if we force every user to add a review to his/her rating.

No, I don't mean a review. I was thinking about the left part of the reply, where you have USER NAME, POSTS, LOCATION, WRZ$, PPC, PPCOS. Couldn't we have there for example the rating number this user gave to this application/program.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 4:25 pm
Feb 22nd, 2007, 4:44 pm
Guy1731 wrote:
lifehacker wrote:[if we force every user to add a review to his/her rating.

No, I don't mean a review. I was thinking about the left part of the reply, where you have USER NAME, POSTS, LOCATION, WRZ$, PPC, PPCOS. Couldn't we have there for example the rating number this user gave to this application/program.

I doubt that's possible and even if possible I dont want to use the user info in that way. It can confuse a lot of people. The idea you gave me was to have users leave a message along with a rating and then allow other users to view these ratings/messages. Although this could potentially fragment the forum postings, it could also remove many useless thank you posts and works on this device posts.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 4:44 pm

Support developers.
Apr 18th, 2007, 7:55 pm
It would be nice to see the rating of the release over # of ratings when browsing the forums, so something that people liked would stand out. The ratings have not been that useful to me so far, partly because there are of them, and partly because they are seen after I open a release... If I open the release I am fairly interested in it, and I look at the description and peoples comments rather then the rating. If the rating was shown when browsing I would use them more and thus rate more things.
Apr 18th, 2007, 7:55 pm