Applications on your home screen, mostly widgets
Oct 1st, 2010, 2:26 pm
mezdup wrote:i think the new version 8.0.0 just has a new widget and maybe some housekeeping. it's not the completely recoded from scratch version that was announced. that i can assure you.

Oh how I hope you're wrong. :)
Oct 1st, 2010, 2:26 pm
Oct 1st, 2010, 2:32 pm
mylasthope wrote:
mezdup wrote:i think the new version 8.0.0 just has a new widget and maybe some housekeeping. it's not the completely recoded from scratch version that was announced. that i can assure you.

Oh how I hope you're wrong. :)

lol. i honestly wish that were the case, but you can see his (guy hwo made lpp) comment here:
http://www.launcherpro.com/2010/10/01/l ... -released/

guy seems to like he's pretty smart too. i hope during his rewrite he doesn't incorporate some new crack-proofing methods :/.
Oct 1st, 2010, 2:32 pm
Oct 2nd, 2010, 1:22 pm
Accidentally uninstalled this and deleted it from my system when I was attempting to upgrade to 8.0. It didn't install properly. I tried to launch it and got the message "Activity Not Found - com.fede.launcher "

It appears to set-up as my home screen but I cannot change any settings, i.e. adding screens. It does not show up in my list of applications either.

I have done a hard reset on my system, uninstalled, totally removed LauncherPro from my internal memory (where it was stored), reinstalled it first after the reset, and I end up with the same results. This is driving me crazy. It was working perfectly well before I uninstalled.

Can anyone please give me some help. I love this program. I have a Samsung Vibrant
Oct 2nd, 2010, 1:22 pm
Oct 2nd, 2010, 1:48 pm
Thanks. I actually have HomeSwitcher. It does allow me to launch the application, but I still cannot change any settings. It also does not show up in my list of Applications. This is killing me. When I initially installed it, using Astro Manager, immediately after it installed I had the option to open the file. Now when I do it that option is "grayed out". I know the app installed, at least partially, because I get the option to use it as my home screen, but I can't do much more than that.

Any other suggestions??? I really don't want to do another hard reset if it's not going to work.
Oct 2nd, 2010, 1:48 pm
Oct 2nd, 2010, 2:56 pm
Nevermind my previous post. I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had to go into preferences on my phone, then to Homescreen settings in order to add the extra screens (it was set at the default 3 and I had 7). I thought something was wrong with the app because I couldn't get into the settings, but I was an idiot because I forgot that you had to go into preferences to do this. I just wasted about 4 hours of my life for nothing :( Oh well. Thanks for the insight though XVI
Oct 2nd, 2010, 2:56 pm