Support for everything about jailbreaking.
Oct 10th, 2010, 1:20 pm
Limera1n has been released for all iOS devices including: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G / 3G, iPad running iOS 4.1, and iOS 3.2.2 respectively. Limera1n is currently available for Windows only, however a Mac and Linux version will be available soon.
The following instructions will help you jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS and iOS 3.2.2 on iPad using Limera1n or greenpois0n. I recommend using limera1n first and if somehow it doesn't work, use greenpois0n.

Note: If you rely on an unlock, do not update to iOS 4.1 yet as doing so will upgrade your baseband, making it impossible for now to unlock. Limera1n doesn't unlock. It's just a jailbreak tool. Instead, you can upgrade to 4.1 while preserving your baseband. Tutorial HERE. Works with iPhone 4 only. For 3GS and 3G use snowbreeze.

Files required: limera1n OR greenpois0n. Linux user? greenpois0n only. Mac user? limera1n or greenpois0n.

For using limera1n:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone via USB to your computer, start limera1n and click on “make it ra1n”
Step 2: Now wait for the device to enter recovery mode.
Step 3: Now hold “Home” + “Power” buttons. (You need to do this to enter DFU mode)
Step 4: When the message appears release the “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button(You need to do this to enter DFU mode)
Step 5: Once entered in DFU mode limera1n code will be inserted and you will see the lime logo on your device. At this point the JB'ing is done.
Step 6: Start the device(if it's the case) and open Limera1n app to install cydia.
Step 7: Enjoy !

Video reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rDZmGTq4Kc

For using greenpois0n:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone via USB to your computer, start greenpois0n and click on “prepare to Jailbreak”
Step 2: Now wait for the device to enter recovery mode.
Step 3: Now hold “Home” + “Power” buttons. (You need to do this to enter DFU mode)
Step 4: When the message appears release the “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button(You need to do this to enter DFU mode)
Step 5: Once entered in DFU mode click on “Ready to jailbreak” so that the greenpois0n code(same as limera1n) will be inserted.
Step 6: Power off/Power on the device
Step 7: Enjoy !

Note: In some rare situations, iTunes is not working after the Jailbreak. If that is the case for you, simply restart your PC.
Oct 10th, 2010, 1:20 pm
Oct 10th, 2010, 9:02 pm
Does this have any issues with it?
Oct 10th, 2010, 9:02 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Oct 10th, 2010, 10:04 pm
Worked for me. Heed the warning:

Code: Select allDO NOT USE LIMERA1N IF YOU USE THE ULTRASN0W CARRIER UNLOCK — wait for PwnageTool to incorporate the limera1n exploit. This is so that you can avoid updating your baseband and losing the unlock (possibly forever).
Oct 10th, 2010, 10:04 pm
Oct 11th, 2010, 6:45 pm
mzajax wrote:Worked for me. Heed the warning:

Code: Select allDO NOT USE LIMERA1N IF YOU USE THE ULTRASN0W CARRIER UNLOCK — wait for PwnageTool to incorporate the limera1n exploit. This is so that you can avoid updating your baseband and losing the unlock (possibly forever).

Are there any bugs in the beta versions? Should i wait for a more stable release?
Oct 11th, 2010, 6:45 pm

Oct 11th, 2010, 6:55 pm
Since today it's out of beta so you can go ahead and JB
Oct 11th, 2010, 6:55 pm
Oct 11th, 2010, 9:44 pm
ga!nusha wrote:Since today it's out of beta so you can go ahead and JB

Sweet! Couple of questions when i do this:
1. Will this delete all my music,apps and what not? and if so how do i back up these? Easily without itunes? If Possible?
2. How do i remove jailbreak if i want to?
3. Am i allowed to update firmware via Itunes or do i have to update differently?
4. Do i need Mobile terminal or ssh since i just have an ipod not an iphone?

Sorry im super new jailbreaking. I have more experience with rooting and unlocking in WM. They are very straight forward this seems a little bit less straight forward. Thanks
Oct 11th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Oct 12th, 2010, 10:30 am
1. No, it won't delete anything. All your stuff is backed up when you sync with iTunes.
2. Restore the firmware.
3. If you update you loose your Jailbreak. You have to wait and see what type of JB is available for the new version
4. Even for iPhone, it's optional.

My advice is to do the JB ASAP(today). iOS 4.1.1 will be rolled out very soon and you won't have the possibility to save your shsh for 4.1 thus in the future you won't be able to restore to 4.1. When you run cydia for the first time, click on "Make my life easier" to save the SHSH or, use tinyumbrella.
Oct 12th, 2010, 10:30 am
Oct 12th, 2010, 12:04 pm
Hi. I am trying to JB my iPhone 4.1 but have a problem. I have followed all the steps and am stuck on downloading Cydia. It simply won't download it?? I have tried many times but still the same result. Does anyone else have the same problem and if anyone knows the solution to the problem please do share it.

Thank you

LE: Oh, the problem is that is simply never finishes the download and displays the error msg...which I actually have no idea what it means. I have tried over Wi-Fi and connecting Iphone to the computer - so I do have internet connection, however - no luck. Any help would be very appreciated. .

LLE: got it working... :)
Oct 12th, 2010, 12:04 pm
Oct 12th, 2010, 1:52 pm
What was the fix for the problem ?
Oct 12th, 2010, 1:52 pm
Oct 13th, 2010, 2:18 pm
I tried all the beta's and the newest RC of Limera1n about 40 times on 5 differnet computers with differnt compatibility modes (win7) and whatnot else. Still no luck.

With Greenpois0n, it worked second shot (the RC2 was faulty). Grenpois0n RC3 is more stable than Limera1n and recommend it for whoever is having problems with Limera1n.

So, iPhone 4 on 4.1 successfully JB'ed with Greenpois0n.
Oct 13th, 2010, 2:18 pm
Oct 13th, 2010, 7:47 pm
How come people were saying b4 that it's not gud to use greenp0ison is it safe now...?
Oct 13th, 2010, 7:47 pm
Oct 14th, 2010, 5:10 am
asim2462 wrote:How come people were saying b4 that it's not gud to use greenp0ison is it safe now...?

Which people are you referring to?
greenp0ison incorporated geohot's exploit and gave out a stable release so its safe to use make sure you preserve you baseband before you do a JB if you are updating to 4.1.
As of now there is no unlock.
Oct 14th, 2010, 5:10 am
Oct 14th, 2010, 9:27 am
asim2462 wrote:How come people were saying b4 that it's not gud to use greenp0ison is it safe now...?

There was a time, when greenpois0n was first announced, when a dude released an iPhone virus called greenpois0n in order to trick people in believing it was a jailbreak tool so they will install it.
But now, that is gone and greenpois0n is the real deal.
Oct 14th, 2010, 9:27 am
Oct 14th, 2010, 5:56 pm
Hi you all!
I have a question: I have an iPOD 3G [32 Gb, using iOS 4.0.2]; can I perform the JB using one of the two mentioned applications?
Is the answer is YES, which one is advised the most?

THANKS!
Oct 14th, 2010, 5:56 pm
Oct 14th, 2010, 6:30 pm
Hello. You first need to upgrade to iOS 4.1. After you do that, you can use any method you prefer. I recommend the first one.
Oct 14th, 2010, 6:30 pm