Oct 6th, 2019, 2:09 pm
Dear all,

During the past few months our posters have suffered a series of misfortunes regarding filehosts. I won't go back too far to all the sites that have closed down leaving a trail of destruction in their wake (Supra, Cloudy, Upload4earn...) but only the most recent ones:

• Filescdn shut down taking more than 120.000 (one hundred and twenty thousand) of our links with them.
• Hulkload had it servers wiped out and deleted another hundred and thirty thousand of our links in one fell swoop.
• DropApk lost a server back in August and more than 40 thousand of our links from before that date are now seemingly fine but actually dead.

Too many of our posters had at least one or a combination of two of those links in their releases, so they are facing a disaster of epic proportions and they need our understanding and our patience.

Please remember: only one request per person per day. Please follow the rules and give the uploaders at least 3 days to get them all sorted, rather than rushing to report or file a complaint. In other words:

PS, A huge THANK YOU to all who know how to request new links, always a pleasure to deal with good manners. The last thing uploaders need is to find messages like these, on top of a full inbox:

Your links are dead!!

all links dead, wtf?

... so what is it, not enough money?

Addendum:
A list of closed filehosts on page 2: http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=7407302#7407302
Oct 6th, 2019, 2:09 pm
Oct 6th, 2019, 2:32 pm
yes, play nice, be patient..
thank you so much admin for this nice post
Oct 6th, 2019, 2:32 pm

"Unfortunately, I lost all my files and can no longer reupload."
Oct 6th, 2019, 4:01 pm
Thanks admin for clarifying about One request per day :)

In addition to the above three, PM requests all include:
1) " Could you please renew links, site's not opening for me :?"
2) "My Anti-virus is showing your file as potentially malicious content :( What should I do :? open or Not :? :lol:
3) "I cannot extract .7Z files, could you please upload in .zip fomats ?
Oct 6th, 2019, 4:01 pm

No longer re-upping, please make a new request
Oct 7th, 2019, 7:41 am
merry60 wrote: A huge THANK YOU to all who know how to request new links, always a pleasure to deal with good manners. The last thing uploaders need is to find messages like these, on top of a full inbox:

Merry, thank you for clarifying, I am sure our uploaders will appreciate the support, as my grandad always said Manners Maketh the Man! oh and Patience is a Virtue! And seeing as I am on a roll one more - Treat People as you Would Like to be Treated!! :wink:

Morgan2498 wrote:"My Anti-virus is showing your file as potentially malicious content :( What should I do :? open or Not :?

If you ARE struggling with a message like this received after downloading then I really recommend you give the link to this post Help for Downloading , it will help with instructions on downloading easily and safely from most of the filehosts we use here on Mobilism.

nom
Oct 7th, 2019, 7:41 am

Oct 7th, 2019, 12:02 pm
Thanks for the info, merry60.

I had no idea that HL had its servers wiped out. I used that host for a few weeks because I thought the files would never be deleted. Now they are all gone coz of some DMCA violations. Kinda lame excuse.
I doubt they'll ever be recovered.
So, I suggest that you remove it from your prem-supported list. It's a very unstable host anyway.
Oct 7th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Protect your eyes: read True PDFs only.
Image Download from DropGalaxy at your own risk Image
Oct 13th, 2019, 5:48 pm
BIG, BIG, BIG THX for GREAT CLEAR Post & your HELP!!!
Oct 13th, 2019, 5:48 pm
Oct 15th, 2019, 6:09 pm
Thanks for this post, I had no idea the problem was so severe. I’ll be sure to stick to that one request per day from now on.
Oct 15th, 2019, 6:09 pm
Oct 17th, 2019, 10:03 am
Oh...
That really sucks!

I sometimes request more than one/day, but I don't mind waiting. A day, a week, two weeks, even longer... I am requesting something and will be glad when I get it, doesn't matter how long it will take. I am patient and always grateful!

I always click on Thank You and would like to be able to thank posters for a post more than once, like when a new book in a series is posted with older posts. So unfair to the poster to miss the thanks for the new post... :-)

Thank you all for all your hard work!
Evelin
Oct 17th, 2019, 10:03 am
Nov 6th, 2019, 5:19 pm
Did not realize this.
Thanks
Nov 6th, 2019, 5:19 pm
Nov 9th, 2019, 12:08 am
Thanks Merry, I didn't realize this was that widespread.

Most of the time, I can find the books on one of the Russian sites. I still notify posters so they can fix things if they want to. Should I stop?
Nov 9th, 2019, 12:08 am
Nov 9th, 2019, 9:09 am
notalizard wrote:Thanks Merry, I didn't realize this was that widespread.

Most of the time, I can find the books on one of the Russian sites. I still notify posters so they can fix things if they want to. Should I stop?

As you see, they know. So thank you, but no need to notify them unless you are interested in a new link, they need to prioritise and attend to actual requests first.
Nov 9th, 2019, 9:09 am
Nov 9th, 2019, 9:33 am
...on behalf of myself and the tens of thousand (at least) of the people whose lives you constantly and consistently change, improve and enrich with your hard work, generosity and selflessness...THANK YOU..!!!...THANK YOU...!!!....THANK YOU...and a hundred thousand more THANK YOUs...!!!
Nov 9th, 2019, 9:33 am
Nov 27th, 2019, 11:36 am
Thank you for making this problem known. Hoping everything will turn out okay! Thank you for all that you do.
Nov 27th, 2019, 11:36 am
Dec 5th, 2019, 11:49 pm
Thanks for the info........
Dec 5th, 2019, 11:49 pm