GPS applications, rather than GPS navigation software
Oct 9th, 2019, 2:02 pm
nick777 wrote:...yeap, same here!... (veli.. I downloaded map from MapDownloader and put it in SDCard / Android / data / com.sygic.aura folder and still it should download map again from Sygic Store then happens nothing more it gets stuck on download)

nick777 wrote:...yeap, same here!... (veli.. I downloaded map from MapDownloader and put it in SDCard / Android / data / com.sygic.aura folder and still it should download map again from Sygic Store then happens nothing more it gets stuck on download)

Pufi9 wrote:Hi.
I think this will never work properly!

¿Only de maps with the Maps Downloader or Mapas + content.info?, You need the maps and the content.info, if you not have the content.info the Systems says that there are no maps (sorry my English)
My Sygic also Works well, y only intalled the new Sycic over my previus versión.
Saludos
Oct 9th, 2019, 2:02 pm
Oct 9th, 2019, 7:42 pm
Well, I did not test yet this Sygic version right here, but I am also hit by this strange Sygic loop map download bug with the "Sygic GPS Navigation & Offline Maps Sygic v18.2.4"...,
and despite that I did do everything by the book, and I use warez Sygic app. for couple of years here, so I am not a rookie... :)

First of all, for everybody that use AdGuard app., you must be aware that Sygic will not be able to download any Maps whatsoever, as long as you have engaged your great AdGuard application!
On the other hand, using AdGuard DNS and the VPN (for e.g. NordVPN + AdGuard DNS), on your Android phone, doesn't bring this problem again,
the Sygic will download the Maps directly within the app., without any problems here...

So, does this means that you need to ditch great AdGuard totally? :((
- No, only till you download the Sygic maps I presume, because last Sygic edition that gives me no problemos whatsoever on 3 Android phones, including the all time AdGuard app. engage here,
was the Sygic GPS Navigation & Maps v18.0.2, so this version works without any problemo, and with AdGuard totally engaged here...
However, the Sygic GPS Navigation & Maps v18.0.2. comes with the default downloaded Maps from 12/2018...

An again, you can also completely exclude the Sygic app. in generally, from any AdGuard activity filtering, and you can set this via the AdGuard's Apps Management module...

Also, be aware the fact, that, if you want that Sygic app. generally work, disregard this Sygic loop map download bug from last few months issue right now,
you must go to your Android (9) Mobile Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> See all "XY" apps (where "XY" stands for the cumulative installed apps number on your Android phone)
-> Sygic -> Permissions -> And allow the "Storage" here!
If you do not allow the "Storage" here, and you have your Sygic Maps on SD Card, how you think that Sygic app. will properly read the Map from that same storage and in the first place...(?) :)

I also recommend that you download all the Sygic Maps within the Sygic app. itself, and do not use the MAPS Console Downloader at all...
Maybe I am wrong, and I do not want to sound irrespective to MAPS Console Downloader authors here, but for now, lets just say that this need to be one of the first
precaution measures here, that we ditch at least this as a potential reason for this strange Sygic loop map download bug, that hits so many Sygic users in last few months...

In addition, if you download the Maps directly with "Sygic GPS Navigation & Offline Maps Sygic v18.2.4", it will download the Maps from 03/2019.
But, if you will download Maps with the MAPS Console Downloader, it will download the Maps from 06/2019.
This test is now a week old...
So maybe this is also a mitch-match problemo here...

Furthermore, I am not completely sure why, but @Balatan Base Folder (datafolder_18.2.4.zip) via his "Sygic GPS Navigation & Offline Maps Sygic v18.2.4" post,
is already bundled with one particular map here (the Vatican: vat.ta.2019.03)...:

viewtopic.php?f=431&t=3267366&hilit=Sygic+GPS+Navigation

I did not yet experiment, what will happen, if I just delete this initial Vatican Map from this of Batalan's archive, but before I install the Sygic app. on the Android phone...
I will try do that experiment later, and make an additional post here, maybe for further help, indications, or hints, to help all of us here,
to be smarter, what is a culprit problemo with this Sygic loop map download bug, in last few Sygic editions...

But, nevertheless, my experience says to me that this is a Sygic application bug, and not anybodies fault here, especially not the Batalans fault!

So, in any case, thank you @Batalan for all of your great postings, including the right here!
Oct 9th, 2019, 7:42 pm
Oct 10th, 2019, 12:10 am
Pufi9 wrote:
Situ1962 wrote:The app is working perfectly for me with one issue. I downloaded the latest TA India maps using the map downloader and placed it in the proper folder. But the app downloaded the older version of the map. But with that map, it is working fine. Thanks, Balatan for the release. After the first download of maps, it has not asked for any further download of maps as the previous version was asking.

Hi.
Please describe how you did it.

I first uninstalled the 18.1.4 version which I was using due to the issue with 18.2.4 and then deleted everything from the Android>Data folder. Then I Installed this version and placed the ind.ta.2019.06 map downloaded by the map downloader. The app when I started it, did not recognise the map and it asked to download the map on its own. I let it do so. It downloaded the previous version of the map and overwrote the earlier map that I had placed in the folder. Ever since it is working perfectly and hasn't asked for downloading map even for once. I have restarted the app more than 50 times to test it and it is working ok. I hope this helps.
Oct 10th, 2019, 12:10 am
Oct 11th, 2019, 5:22 pm
The latest official maps for Sygic are 2019.06

https://help.sygic.com/en/sygic-gps-nav ... ap-updates

v2019.09 have not been released yet.

So if you use the downloader Sygic checks what version you are using.

So if you put maps from the downloader on thait with automatically download v 2019.06
Oct 11th, 2019, 5:22 pm

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." Winston Churchill
Oct 11th, 2019, 5:28 pm
The latest official maps for Sygic are 2019.06

https://help.sygic.com/en/sygic-gps-nav ... ap-updates

v2019.09 have not been released yet.

So if you use the downloader Sygic checks what version you are using.

So if you put maps from the downloader on that are newer and not the official maps it with automatically download v 2019.06

Please take the time to read the link instead of posting fake info.

I am testing v18.2.4 and yet to have any problems with this version by only download from inside the app.

I have been using map version 2019.03 and have just got a notice to update to v2019.06
Oct 11th, 2019, 5:28 pm

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." Winston Churchill
Oct 11th, 2019, 8:53 pm
Guys just switch to Waze. I switched to it after many years of using Sygic and I must say it's better. It has better UI, live traffic info more POIs and it's all for free. One thing it does not have is offline maps what I can see being a problem sometimes, but it can navigate offline from the cached route which I started.
Oct 11th, 2019, 8:53 pm
Oct 12th, 2019, 2:55 am
Hi! thanks for the app. I tried it on my phone and the app keeps getting stuck on the downloading maps phase.This is what I did.
1 Download the cracked app
2 Open it
3 Select my coutnry
4 get stuck on 0% on the downloading maps
I tried another way
1 Delete app and data
2 install it again
3 download from the map downloader and put it in the folder
4 start it
5 select my country
6 get stuck on the downloading screen again
So I tried another way
1 I deleted the app and data again
2 I installed the app
3 I downloaded the data from this site and placed it there
4 I placed the data from the map downloader there
5 I started the app
6 I selected my country
7 I got stuck on 0% again
~
So I finally gave up and came here for help.
Oct 12th, 2019, 2:55 am
Oct 12th, 2019, 9:04 pm
You have to disable adguard when downloading sygic maps.
Oct 12th, 2019, 9:04 pm
Oct 13th, 2019, 6:52 am
me too. it keeps in downloading map but nothing happens. Please fix it?
Thanks advance
Oct 13th, 2019, 6:52 am
Oct 13th, 2019, 11:08 am
Hi.
Which Adguard app should I disable? Is not installed!
Oct 13th, 2019, 11:08 am
Oct 13th, 2019, 12:30 pm
01. Before anything else, on a piece of paper, old fashionably and manually, just write down (or do a Backup within an app.), of all the present version Sygic application Settings
that you might also need, but in the whole new Sygic application installation..:

a) Open Sygic application -> Sandwich sign -> Settings -> Backup and Restore...

b) You can also manually Backup your present Sygic Software version Favorites, Routes & Travel book data (the bellow routes are exactly the same for Internal shared storage or for the SD Card...):

- Android/data/com.sygic.aura/files/Res/db/items.dat - Your saved favorite locations

- Android/data/com.sygic.aura/files/Res/itinerary/ - Saved routes

- Android/data/com.sygic.aura/files/Res/travelbook/ - Travel book data

02. Now, I never installed Sygic application from its older version directly to its newest version (overwriting)...
I think that it is much wiser (especially in a long term), to do that old fashionably, to delete completely the old Sygic app. version, and then install the more never version of the same! ;)
An again, even the original hack instructions for the Sygic app., says the same! ;)

So, you are now finally ready to Uninstall your presently Sygic application, so do it.
After you Uninstall it, restart your Android Mobile phone, and after that, go to check, does the Sygic Uninstall process also automatically deletes the:

a) "Internal shared storage/Android/data/com.sygic.aura" folder

b) "SD Card/Android/data/com.sygic.aura" folder

c) "Internal shared storage/Sygic" folder

d) "SD Card/Sygic" folder

Now, if any of this 4 folder locations still exist, manually Delete them within your File Explorer app...

Finally, you can now also clean the system with good and old Cheetah Mobile Clean Master (Unlocked) or similar...

03. Then go via your Google Play app. to see, which is the most higher Sygic Software version that your present Android phone really and officially support...
Logically, do not install something and expect to 100% work, that your Android Mobile phone do not support anymore because it is too old or similar...

And then go via this great forum here, to get and download the appropriate Sygic [Unlocked] application, or buy an original one!

04. Now, from this great forum, from posted "Base folder", just manually extrapolate the "com.sygic.aura" folder from it,
and manually Copy it on your SD Card, to "SD Card/Android/data/" folder.

... And, I am still not 100% sure on this claim, but, usually, the originally posted "Base folder" from this forum,
initially contain just only one initial Map of prox. and regular 1MB in its size, and that is a Vatican State Map...

However, if that Vatican State Map is placed here from 03/2019 (vat.ta.2019.03),
within the Sygic app. you will be able to also download all the later downloaded Maps here, but from that 03/2019...

But, if you now manually download (with the newest available "Sygic Map Console Downloader"),
only and also the presently newest available Vatican State Map from 06/2019 (vat.ta.2019.06), and place that newest Vatican State Map (vat.ta.2019.06)
to your "SD Card/Android/data/com.sygic.aura/files/Maps" folder, and delete the previous here (the Vatican State Map from 03/2019 (vat.ta.2019.03)),
within the Sygic app., you will be able to also download all the later downloaded Maps here, but from the 06/2019! :)

And, at the present moment (October 2019), the still newest available Sygic Maps are from that 06/2019... :)

05. In any case, when you Copy "com.sygic.aura" folder to your SD Card location as described,
go ahead, you can finally install the whole new Sygic app. version! :)

But, do not start it immediately!!!

06. Instead just starting the Sygic app., first go to your Android Mobile phone Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> See all XY apps -> Sygic -> Permissions...,
you can deny everything else here, but you MUST allow "Location" and the "Storage"!

07. Also, if you have great AdGuard application installed, open AdGuard -> Hamburger sign -> Apps Managament -> Sygic:
AdGuard protection: OFF.

Also, as a precaution measure here, just temporary and completely shut down your AdGuard application to OFF...

08. Finally, now you can for the first time engage your new and installed Sygic application, and on the first,
it will starts to "detecting country" -> then Download your Country map -> Continue ->
We value your privacy -> Show details -> No, thank you -> Add now -> ... and now you will finally see your, just downloaded Country map! :)

09. As described in Figure 01. here, you can now bring back all your previous installed Sygic Settings via Sygic -> Hamburger sign -> Settings applet...

10. Shut down the Sygic app.

11. You can now also manually add back, the previous Backuped Sygic Software version Favorites, Routes & Travel book data, as is also written in Figure 01. here...

12. Now you can back engage your AdGuard application to ON, but permanently leave Apps Managament here and for the Sygic app. to OFF,
within the AdGuard protection section...

13. Engage your Sygic application back ON, and you can add now the additional Country Maps if you like
-> Hamburger sign -> Manage maps -> press right bellow the big green and round "+" button -> ...
For e.g., if you will Manually download now the whole Europe maps, it will download some 11.8GB on your SD Card,
and it will took you some 2-3hours for that huge download...

Also, be aware, that all this Maps will be actually offline downloaded to your "SD Card/Android/data/com.sygic.aura/files/Maps" folder,
and among all the folders downloaded here and which actually represents by its short naming prefix, the Countries for which you
download the Maps, here will be also present and important:

a) "wcl" folder
b) "speedcams" folder

c) "footprint.info" file
d) "content.info" file
e) "content.lic" file

... Just always be very careful that you never accidentally Delete those 5 topics here, if you really want that Base folder/Sygic application
really successfully work!!!

14. Sygic application additional notes:

a) Some users find it useful to go via your Android Mobile phone Settings -> Apps & notifications -> See all XY apps -> Sygic -> Advanced Battery ->
Battery optimization -> (please be patient and wait till loading) -> manually scroll to Sygic -> Don't optimize.

b) Also, be aware, if you have install some good advised AV software on your Android Mobile phone, that AV can be set to Scan your Mobile phone,
every time when you put it ON, or even just engage your mobile phone screen back ON!
In that few minutes scenario, during your AV Scan of the SD Card, it is not so smart to just also hurry up and try to open the Sygic app...
... The Sygic app. can become unresponsive or really long starting to finally show you a Map, because Sygic app. also need to read the offline Map data from that same
SD Card and in the same time, when the same operation is used for your AV Scan, so just wait till your AV Scan finishes first, or just be aware of this issue... ;)

P.S. This is my step by step and thoroughly detailed instructions, which I use for a very long time for successfully installing the Sygic application...
And I successfully install and using on this same way even the "Sygic GPS Navigation & Offline Maps Sygic v18.1.4 (Beta) [Unlocked] (officially released on July 12, 2019)".
I also download all the Maps here directly within the Sygic application, and they are all from 06/2019, so they are up to date, at the present moment (October 2019). :)
However, for the first and initial Map here, the Vatican State map from 06/2019 (vat.ta.2019.06) in the "Base folder",
I lead my hunch to downloading that initial Map ONLY with the newest available "Sygic Map Console Downloader", as all described in the Figure 04. here...

... Now, considering my Android mobile phone presently last officially supported Sygic application,
the "Sygic GPS Navigation & Offline Maps Sygic v18.2.4 [Final] [Unlocked] (August, 24, 2019)", I did not yet tested it properly...

But, I already test it twice, the "Sygic GPS Navigation & Maps v18.3.0 [Beta] [Unlocked] (July 12, 2019)", and it gives me negative result.
However, the reason is obviously something else here in this Sygic Beta - unfortunately it just produce a totally black screen on my Android 9 Mobile phone, as soon I install it... :(
And I really installed everything by the basic and simple book here on my Install second try, and not on this of my long instructions here anymore,
so certainly is something else within this newest Sygic Beta which is so unstable, that gives me only the Black screen when I engage this Sygic app. version...

So, for present moment, I am just stick to "Sygic GPS Navigation & Offline Maps Sygic v18.1.4 (Beta) [Unlocked] (officially released on July 12, 2019)"...

Thank you for long reading, and I hope that this thorough instructions of mine will help someone now and in the future, especially inexperienced ones! :)
In any case, you will probably now know everything important for this great Sygic app., because the tricks are many here,
and so much people are just generally confused, and cannot find all the pearls here, complete all the dots in just one place,
to get the whole picture, and what it is important and why! ;)
Oct 13th, 2019, 12:30 pm
Oct 15th, 2019, 6:10 pm
New version released in Google play
Oct 15th, 2019, 6:10 pm