Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Dec 4th, 2019, 12:42 pm
I have been a member fir some years. I download books using the "free download facility" provided by the site holding the file. This usually means learning what hoops the site wants to make you jump (e.g captchas, inwanted pop-ups, delays etc.), to make you pay cash to the site.

Fine. This is all part of the game.

I have recently tried to download some files from Centfile and what appears to be he same site using a different name, but it appears impossible to do so.

Fine.

They offer free membership, so I took out a membership. This does not appear help you to download files. All it does is give you the facility to UPLOAD files.

N.B as books using Crntfile are being downloaded I assume that these downloads were done using the "Mobilism Premium Downloader".

I found a list of recommended storage sites by yourselves and their name at the top. In view of this could you either confirm that Centfile and their associate do not permit free downloads despite what their websites say or publish instructions as to how to download from Centfile for free.
Dec 4th, 2019, 12:42 pm
Dec 4th, 2019, 3:32 pm
Bibliovore wrote:N.B as books using Crntfile are being downloaded I assume that these downloads were done using the "Mobilism Premium Downloader".

I found a list of recommended storage sites by yourselves and their name at the top. In view of this could you either confirm that Centfile and their associate do not permit free downloads despite what their websites say or publish instructions as to how to download from Centfile for free.

Our list is not of 'recommended storage' sites, it is the list of sites supported by the Premium Downloader, of which at least one is mandatory in all eBook releases, two in Android. All the links offered by our posters are free: private links and links from sites that require registration to download are not allowed.

The instructions to download from Centfile and other filehosts are published all over the site, here you go:

1. eBook Releases: Subject: .exe or Virus warning after downloading an app, ebook etc.
2. eBooks Social Club: Subject: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file (discussions)
3. eBooks Requests: Subject: Having a problem with an EXE file? READ THIS!

4. Announcements: Subject: .exe or Virus warning after downloading an app, ebook etc.

5. Android Apps: Subject: .exe or virus warning after downloading an app
6. Android Games: Subject: .exe or virus warning after downloading a game
Dec 4th, 2019, 3:32 pm
Dec 5th, 2019, 10:43 am
Thank You.

A new hoop learnt. The first one I have not been able to work out myself.

Thank you for the info about instructions being everywhere. I shall have to spend time exploring the site rather than just the SF Book releases.
Dec 5th, 2019, 10:43 am
Dec 10th, 2019, 2:05 am
Bibliovore wrote:Thank You.

A new hoop learnt. The first one I have not been able to work out myself.

Thank you for the info about instructions being everywhere. I shall have to spend time exploring the site rather than just the SF Book releases.

I've been here for years and thought I'd read everything but I've also been dodging Centfile downloads until today when the only alternative to centfile was restfile -- which appears to be completely identical to centfile.

I've spent a good half hour reading html code attempting to figure out where the code was hidden -- to no avail.

I found this because I was searching the site for Centfile -- I knew I've dead instructions before, but they were generally in the uploaders .sig.

Anyway, thanks to you both -- Bibiliovore for asking and merry60 for answering.
Dec 10th, 2019, 2:05 am

Having trouble downloading from a particular site? Your solution probably lies here:
https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=649944
Dec 10th, 2019, 3:34 am
There used to be a link on both of them, a tiny button you click to get to the actual download link. However it appears to be completely gone on both.

this typically happens when these hosting sites are trying to "encourage" people to pay for premium links.

Pretty sure premium links are a no no here but who knows...
Dec 10th, 2019, 3:34 am
Dec 10th, 2019, 9:31 am
@buttpirate and bookfrog:

Centfile has changed the location of the buttons, please read: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file

Centfile.com:
New!

Step 1:
Scroll down to "Upgrade to Premium" and find the "got link" button on the left

https://i.imgur.com/vbpTssK.png

Update (October 3, 2020): The names and location of the buttons have changed again. As always, please check the Instructions topic.
Dec 10th, 2019, 9:31 am
Dec 25th, 2019, 10:39 pm
Thank you - I needed this help as well
Dec 25th, 2019, 10:39 pm
Jan 7th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Yeah, I needed this as well, I just wish people wouldn't use two identical sites with identical problems as the "backup".
Jan 7th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Jan 13th, 2020, 1:20 am
Take note that merry60's advice is in Desktop view.

So if you're using a mobile phone to download, you won't see what is shown by merry60.

For Opera & Chrome browsers, I enable Desktop Site switch in the browsers' settings to get a similar view as merry60's.

All the above thanks to ReiaAA, who suggested this in another thread, viewtopic.php?f=1147&t=3428683&hilit=Centfile&view=unread#unread
Jan 13th, 2020, 1:20 am
Jan 15th, 2020, 3:46 pm
The site Centfile has changed the location and name of the buttons again, you can find the instructions here: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file

Update (October 3, 2020): The names and location of the buttons have changed again. As always, please check the Instructions topic.
Jan 15th, 2020, 3:46 pm