Discuss Android devices here.
Jun 5th, 2020, 7:17 am
Hello,

I'm interested in rooting a Cubot King Kong 3 phone (MT 6763 phone), which features Oreo 8.1, and I hope that I am currently posting in the correct forum category.

For my general understanding, I have a few questions and I really that somebody is so kind to help me shed some light on the following:

1. Is it possible to root any random phone just by unlocking the bootloader with ADB, flashing TWRP and then installing SuperSU in the recovery?

Is this the general approach I can use also on the Cubot King Kong 3? Or do I need a TWRP which is modified / customized for this phone? I would like to clarify this, before I do something and brick the phone.

2. What are some safety measures to take, before trying to root, so that I can reinstate the phone to the original state, if something goes wrong?

3. Do I have to disable any kind of data partition encryption so that I can root the phone? Or can I still root the phone without doing this?

4. What is a scatter file and for what is it used? I've read a lot of guides and it seems to be used only with SPFlash. Does this mean, that I do not need this, if root by going the ADB+TWRP+SuperSU route?

5. If after unlocking the bootloader with fastboot, I am getting the message "Orange State Your devices has been unlocked and can't be trusted. " at boot, then what went wrong and can this be fixed?

6. If after flashing the stock ROM, which Cubot provides on their forum, I get a red text "Not Verify" in the upper right corner of the screen every time the phone is on, then what went wrong and can this be fixed?

I am really thankful for your advice, you can't imagine!
Jun 5th, 2020, 7:17 am