Jul 14th, 2015, 6:07 am
Has anyone read this series?
If so, what did you think?

I've only read the manga version and I own the ebook version of the novel series, but I've never actually read it. So I was kind of wondering if anyone else had and what people thought of it. My mum loved it and that's how I had come to hear of it. Lol I loved the manga for the most part too, except for the ending. I don't wanna give anything away for those who haven't read the series, but the ending of the manga I found to be somewhat disappointing. :(
Jul 14th, 2015, 6:07 am

Nov 13th, 2015, 6:07 pm
~removed~
Nov 13th, 2015, 6:07 pm

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.” -Marcus Tullius Cicero
Apr 11th, 2016, 5:15 am
ClarkKent51 wrote:It is actually very interesting except the ending will make you want to kill the author because its not all that interesting, if I had another chance I would not read it but try its prequel series since those are quite good.

I totally agree with you regarding the ending. It just.. ruined everything. I was so upset and disappointed with it! :( I was expecting something so much more, you know?
Apr 11th, 2016, 5:15 am

Jul 9th, 2017, 5:25 am
To play the devil's advocate, a lot of young adult authors do use the same tropey, 'This could be happening to you line'. One example is Riordan's starting or ending the book with a mention of how this book is being left in a locker somewhere for some demigod to stumble upon. However I have to admit that I agree with you. The ending where Darren did a giant retcon made me feel betrayed by the investment I had in the characters and was a real downer for the series.
Jul 9th, 2017, 5:25 am
Mar 29th, 2020, 5:39 am
I love the books. I own the hardcopy in my local languange. However the ending indeed kinda unexpected.
I was expecting something grandeur. Haha
Mar 29th, 2020, 5:39 am
Jun 14th, 2020, 2:30 pm
The books were great, the movie (based on the first book) was terrible.
Jun 14th, 2020, 2:30 pm
Nov 9th, 2020, 2:33 pm
I absolutely ADORE anything and everything by Darren Shan. Cirque Du Freak is my favourite. If you haven't read the series yet, I highly recommend it. Just not the movie, stay away from the movie, at least until you've read the books.

The books aren't at all scary, if that's what you're expecting, they're more like a spooky setting. They're filled with mystery and are pretty fast paced. Since they're so short they're really a fast read.
Nov 9th, 2020, 2:33 pm

"Remember, it's only a game..." -Caraval
May 10th, 2021, 10:54 am
Can those be read without The Saga of Larten Crepsley? I'm a total OSD book nerd and I rarely start something from the middle but it seams no-one is particularly keen on even mentioning The Saga of Larten Crepsley alongside Cirque du Freak so I'm coming to understand that it will be perfectly OK to skip the prequel Saga, at least for now.
May 10th, 2021, 10:54 am
Jun 14th, 2021, 9:57 am
i loved these books, although i read them when i was very young so i can't comment on how i'd enjoy them now.
Jun 14th, 2021, 9:57 am