Support for everything about jailbreaking.
Jan 10th, 2011, 7:47 pm

***Updated July 27, 2011***
Aside from the Application deployment tool that comes with WinPho Dev-tools, you have 2 other methods to deploy XAPs to our beloved Windows Phone 7 devices.

1. Use the much easier method, a XAP deployer written by Tom Codon (homebrew), that can deploy XAP files to your Phone/Emulator by double clicking them. Hmm...Sweet, isn't it? :)
2. Using the WP7-Deployment tool (basically an extension of the Toms Xap deployer) which removes DRM/Licensing from the XAP (for testing purposes)

Method #1
Basically, Tom XAP installer and WinPho Dev Tools Application Deployment are the same, just the ease of use is much better with the 'homebrew' deployer.
We'll see how to use this second method.

You'll need:

Installation:
Unpack the 'Tom XAP Installer v1.1.zip', and run the 'Tom XAP Installer.exe'

You should see something like this:

Check the Enable Tom XAP installer checkbox, and you're done! :D It was quite easy, isn't it? ;)

You can uninstall it, by simply un-checking the checkbox.

Before you do anything:
  • Please make sure your device is Jailbroken
  • Make sure your device is connected with PC and Zune lauched
  • Make sure your device not in sleep mode

How to deploy XAPs with it:
Ok, now you've got your XAP, and want to deploy it to your Device/Emulator.

Providing you've done the steps described in the Installation part, when you double click the XAP file, you'll see something like this:

Choose the location you want to install it to, and press 'Install' to deploy it to the Device/Emu.

Method #2 (NEW)
Download WP7-DEPLOY and unpack somewhere (original item and thread is somewhere on XDA-DEVELOPERS)

Run WP7-DEPLOY (just tick the top two boxes - see picture) and close, then create a shortcut to wp7-deploy on your desktop and drag the xap onto the wp7-deploy shortcut. Make sure Zune is running and hey presto.

That's it, you've done it :D
Note: If it's a free item then clear the check boxes before deploying.

-WinPho Mod Team
Jan 10th, 2011, 7:47 pm

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
Jan 11th, 2011, 6:14 pm
Reserved for future use.
Jan 11th, 2011, 6:14 pm

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
Jan 13th, 2011, 8:25 am
Hi! i did everything as followed but when i try to deploy an xap file it keeps saying "Error Connection"
-Pleasse Make sure your phone was unlocked !
-Please Make sure you connected device to PC and Zune lauched
Try again ?

I have my phone connected and jailbroken and Zune is launched
Jan 13th, 2011, 8:25 am
Jan 14th, 2011, 4:14 pm
same problem here....

fopr the oher, remeber to install XAB's not while the phone is in sleep mode.

waiting for a resolution!
Jan 14th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Jan 17th, 2011, 9:48 pm
I'm having hard time deploying any file XAP to my jailbroken hd2. Here is what I have tried:

1. TOM'S XAP INSTALLER 1.1
- Zune ON / OFF: "Please make sure your phone was unlocked !", "Please make sure you connected device to PC and Zune launched"

2. WP7DEPLOY.EXE
- Zune ON / OFF: "Something is not working. Trying again to deploy to the device, check if is not in the lock screen..."

3. APPLICATION DEPLOYMENT (MS)
- Zune ON: "Error - access is denied"
- Zune OFF: "Error - Zune software is not launched. Retry after making sure that Zune software is launched."

Notes:
- developer tools are latest version, .NET Framework 4.0 is installed and everything is up-to-date
- test XAP files: "Corona Full patched.xap", "TouchXplorer.xap", "AdvancedConfig_1.0.0.0_beta.xap"
- certificate is installed / jailbroken with Chevron (both this version and from XDA)
- firewall is disabled / all programs are
- don't have a PIN
- all apps are started with administrator rights
- i keep the phone turned on when trying to deploy

Please help!
Jan 17th, 2011, 9:48 pm
Jan 18th, 2011, 9:31 pm
Solved! Problem occurs on my Vista x64 only. I was able to deploy on my work computer - Windows 7 x64. Hope this helps someone.

By the way, if Chevron crashes on startup go to the System32\drivers\etc and remove the Read-only flag from the Hosts file.

Good luck
Jan 18th, 2011, 9:31 pm
Jan 25th, 2011, 3:27 pm
Hello.

For these occasions when you want to deploy, but you forgot to bring the cable, is there anyway to email them to the phone and install them, or is that totally locked down?

Thanks
Jan 25th, 2011, 3:27 pm

iPhone 4: iOS 6.1.2 | evad3d
Feb 21st, 2011, 5:57 pm
It dont work with my HTC 7 Pro (WP7)

Please make shure your phone was unlocked (I dont have a SimLock)
Please make shure you connectet device to PC and Zune Launched (I already have)
Feb 21st, 2011, 5:57 pm
Feb 24th, 2011, 6:00 pm
YOu have to wait for the new Jailbreak it will be released in a few Weeks
Feb 24th, 2011, 6:00 pm
May 14th, 2011, 3:34 pm
Hi There, I need your assistance here. If you noticed, most of the games are now in a folder rather then .XAP format.

Can you teach me how to install the folder and run the applications/games?

I'm using HTC HD7 phone and it's unlocked.

TQ.
May 14th, 2011, 3:34 pm
May 15th, 2011, 6:43 pm
What do you mean most games are in a folder? Can you give an example?

As far as i know, a game/app must be in the *.xap format/file to deploy to a WP7 device. Most likely the game you downloaded needs to be zipped and then the extension renamed to .xap
May 15th, 2011, 6:43 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage
Have a release in WP7 section? >> If I have to ask you more than 3 times to fix your release, it will be deleted!
May 15th, 2011, 7:48 pm
Dr_StrangeTrick wrote:Download https://rapidshare.com/files/3276079417/bin.rar and unpack somewhere (original item and thread is somewhere on XDA-DEVELOPERS)

Run WP7-DEPLOY (just tick the top two boxes) and close, then create a shortcut to wp7-deploy on your desktop and drag the xap onto the wp7-deploy shortcut. Make sure Zune is running and hey presto.

Sometimes you have to try it again and if its a free item then clear the check boxes before deploying but this has worked every time for me

Thank you, this works fine :)
May 15th, 2011, 7:48 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage
Have a release in WP7 section? >> If I have to ask you more than 3 times to fix your release, it will be deleted!
May 17th, 2011, 6:46 am
holy crap, thank so much!

i've had a bunch of files on here and that wouldn't install using any other method, but this one does it. ain't pretty, but it works like a charm!

stillriza wrote:
Dr_StrangeTrick wrote:Download https://rapidshare.com/files/3276079417/bin.rar and unpack somewhere (original item and thread is somewhere on XDA-DEVELOPERS)

Run WP7-DEPLOY (just tick the top two boxes) and close, then create a shortcut to wp7-deploy on your desktop and drag the xap onto the wp7-deploy shortcut. Make sure Zune is running and hey presto.

Sometimes you have to try it again and if its a free item then clear the check boxes before deploying but this has worked every time for me

Thank you, this works fine :)
May 17th, 2011, 6:46 am
Sep 22nd, 2011, 2:36 pm
Does WP7-DEPLOY works on Mango release?
For me it doesn't, zune connected, other XAP installers working, but for XAP with invalid signature I need WP7-DEPLOY and I got always:
Error deploying to the device. The device does not appear as installed.
Any idea?
Sep 22nd, 2011, 2:36 pm