Describe the kind of app you're looking for, or a problem you need an app to solve. We will help you find it!
Nov 30th, 2020, 4:51 pm
Is there any simple keyboard that works properly with realme or oppo which is like traditional keyboard in dumbphones? My mom doesn't like qwerty-style, she's been using the traditional style for over 18 years and insists she's too old to re-learn.

As it is now, we both have new mobiles, an oppo and a realme pretty much the same lower middle level class of mobiles - so if there's a keyboard which works properly with oppo but not with realme, my mom gets the smartphone which accepts such a keyboard.

Any idea what to look for? I keep downloading different keyboards but it looks like all are qwerty-style.
Nov 30th, 2020, 4:51 pm
Nov 30th, 2020, 10:38 pm
by non-qwerty do you mean azerty, Maltron, Colemak, Dvorak...? Gboard should do
sorry if i dont get you
Nov 30th, 2020, 10:38 pm
Dec 1st, 2020, 10:15 am
The type my mom likes is called 3/4 keyboard.
It's the basic version that old phones had.
Dec 1st, 2020, 10:15 am
Dec 1st, 2020, 10:44 am
Just what I was looking for, thanks.
There are many keyboards but most as I wrote in my first post come with qwerty style, I had no idea which one could work and checking every keyboard in existence could be a very impossible task, as every day many new apps appear in store.
Dec 1st, 2020, 10:44 am
Dec 2nd, 2020, 12:01 pm
Very nice, very clear but no 3/4, which is unfortunate. Will try the suggested simple style, for now with ads, just to see if ny mom likes it. If she does, will check if the same keyboard is available without ads.
Dec 2nd, 2020, 12:01 pm
Dec 3rd, 2020, 4:25 am
rdrnnr wrote:This layout is called T9 keyboard

This is rather odd. I checked and in every Polish source there's a distinction, the layout is 3/4 and the utility that suggests words is "słownik T9" which literally means "dictionary T9". I translated it into English and got this not-quite-right result. Maybe my mistake is the main cause of me not being able to find what I was looking for. I'm grateful for your input, now I must check again but at least there should be some proper results. Ah, well, this is what happens when a female user doesn't know what she's doing...
Dec 3rd, 2020, 4:25 am