Oct 6th, 2020, 7:24 am
The last week, all centfile links are effectively dead. The site is still there, it says it has the file, you do the stupid captcha, then ... nothing.
I retried links that worked a few weeks ago, they're the same.
Same for "www.restfilee.com", the sites look almost identical, likely really the same company. Unfortunately, many uploaders use just these two sites, so there is no redundancy.

So do I PM the uploaders and tell them the links are dead? How long do you wait before a site is declared dead?
Oct 6th, 2020, 7:24 am
Oct 6th, 2020, 10:23 am
jampacked wrote:The last week, all centfile links are effectively dead. The site is still there, it says it has the file, you do the stupid captcha, then ... nothing.
I retried links that worked a few weeks ago, they're the same.
Same for "www.restfilee.com", the sites look almost identical, likely really the same company. Unfortunately, many uploaders use just these two sites, so there is no redundancy.

So do I PM the uploaders and tell them the links are dead? How long do you wait before a site is declared dead?

Please check the instructions to download, those two sites recently changed the names and location of the buttons and I edited the topic accordingly:

.exe or Virus warning after downloading a file (Download instructions)
Oct 6th, 2020, 10:23 am
Online
Oct 6th, 2020, 4:46 pm
merry60 wrote:
jampacked wrote:The last week, all centfile links are effectively dead.

Please check the instructions to download, those two sites recently changed the names and location of the buttons and I edited the topic accordingly:


OK, thanks, got them working.
They are really screwing with us now.

Please uploaders, don't use these toxic sites.
You're going to get lots of reports of dead links every time they do stuff like this.
Oct 6th, 2020, 4:46 pm
Oct 13th, 2020, 8:43 am
I have just had to click 36 times in total to get something from file-upload.com, using firefox with Adblock Plus. Any advice? This host is often the only working link left.

PS just noticed the advice above on restfilee / centfile. On another AB the blue arrow on the centfile link doesn't work but merry60's advice on restfilee does.
Oct 13th, 2020, 8:43 am
Oct 13th, 2020, 2:13 pm
wappa wrote:I have just had to click 36 times in total to get something from file-upload.com, using firefox with Adblock Plus. Any advice? This host is often the only working link left.


I have a rule blocking producingsavourestablish.com and I don't have any problems downloading from file-upload.com. Btw, I use Firefox with uBlock Origin.
Oct 13th, 2020, 2:13 pm
Oct 27th, 2020, 3:08 pm
hello, i have a question about some releases as /.rar or .zip files. A lot of them after download show error message as empty archives. could this be a problem on my end, or because something happens during download.
thanks
Oct 27th, 2020, 3:08 pm
Oct 27th, 2020, 10:24 pm
sanedream wrote:hello, i have a question about some releases as /.rar or .zip files. A lot of them after download show error message as empty archives. could this be a problem on my end, or because something happens during download.
thanks

An occasional file getting corrupted during download is possible, but "a lot of them" is unlikely. Most probably the problem is on your side, please check your PMs.


Edit: fixed by using an updated version of the unpacking tool.
Oct 27th, 2020, 10:24 pm
Online
Nov 4th, 2020, 5:58 pm
Hello, I'm sure this question has been asked before so sorry, but I couldn't guess the right keywords to find it. Is it just silly to post a request for a book that has not been digitized, or is there some chance someone would be able to scan a physical copy?
Nov 4th, 2020, 5:58 pm
Nov 5th, 2020, 9:54 am
ChauncyG wrote:Hello, I'm sure this question has been asked before so sorry, but I couldn't guess the right keywords to find it. Is it just silly to post a request for a book that has not been digitized, or is there some chance someone would be able to scan a physical copy?

Scanned copies of out-of-print books can be posted as long as the resulting file is of good quality, so if they can be posted they can be requested. Digital copies of books unavailable in e-format are always a nice addition to our library, just make sure the details are clear in your request and good luck!
Nov 5th, 2020, 9:54 am
Online
Nov 24th, 2020, 11:11 pm
Hi all,

since a couple of weeks, there is an issue with the download files from all of the sites from a laptop, when the files are .RAR and sometimes when they are .zip or .7z... (mostly with the .RAR files)

even sites like DropAPK, userupload, and dropgalaxy that could be the most "friendly" to the user, I am having this issue on those also...

It works from a cellphone but not always...


I don't know what could it be the issue... do you know something that I could do about it?...

Thank you!

Napa


merry60 wrote:Please check your PMs with instructions to check your settings, the problem is with Chrome.


I edit the post to talk about the solution, so far working very well:

So I tried several things... but nothing worked (with the last version of Chrome, the last one of the app to open the files, downgrading the security even to No protection, resetting the browser to the "original parameters" and nothing worked...)

So Merry60 from the Desk Help told me about trying with Firefox...

And that was the solution... Firefox can download the files with no problem at all...

So, maybe could be an issue about the browser Chrome in the last version... but in the while the solution it is: Using FIREFOX

Thanks Merry and greetings everybody!

Napa
Nov 24th, 2020, 11:11 pm
Dec 6th, 2020, 10:15 am
I just downloaded a file from uploadrar.com, I got the epub file I'm after but it also popped another exe file for download. Did anybody encounter the same? Maybe this host should be banned?
Dec 6th, 2020, 10:15 am
Dec 6th, 2020, 11:43 am
mousereads wrote:I just downloaded a file from uploadrar.com, I got the epub file I'm after but it also popped another exe file for download. Did anybody encounter the same? Maybe this host should be banned?

Please follow the Instructions to download and then message me with the link where this happens, if it still happens. Thanks.


Edit: solved. Another case of Chrome malfunction, fixed by switching to Firefox.
Dec 6th, 2020, 11:43 am
Online
Dec 20th, 2020, 7:44 am
Hi,

I'm having the same issue as Napa posted previously above. i tried firefox and it still gives me the same data in the RAR file. here is an example - (link removed)

this will give me the following folders -
META-INF - contains container.xml
OPS - contains images, styles, xhtml

no .epub, .pdf or .mobi file included.

i'm probably doing something wrong. is it supposed to be this way?

thanks.

merry60 wrote:There is nothing wrong with the RAR file, please see your PMs for instructions to download and about unpacking software options.
Dec 20th, 2020, 7:44 am
Dec 24th, 2020, 9:16 pm
Please make it mandatory to mention the file details for Audiobooks. Like, Is it a single mp3 file or chapter-wise split mp3 files? Is it chapterized m4b etc? It will be helpful.
Dec 24th, 2020, 9:16 pm
Dec 24th, 2020, 10:26 pm
love2help wrote:Please make it mandatory to mention the file details for Audiobooks. Like, Is it a single mp3 file or chapter-wise split mp3 files? Is it chapterized m4b etc? It will be helpful.

We have no plans to modify the rules to increase the mandatory requirements at the moment, thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Dec 24th, 2020, 10:26 pm
Online