Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Sep 17th, 2020, 12:23 pm
Hello everyone,

I have many books now in epub and some kindle and mobi. What ebook reader do you suggest that i buy?

The kindle paperwhite does not support epub. I want something small, light and waterproof. Please send me your suggestions
Sep 17th, 2020, 12:23 pm
Sep 18th, 2020, 2:21 pm
I`ve come to love just using my Android cellphone. The Lithium reader is simple but good.
Sep 18th, 2020, 2:21 pm
Sep 18th, 2020, 2:28 pm
for Android Moon Reader is hard to beat
Sep 18th, 2020, 2:28 pm
Dec 29th, 2020, 5:04 am
I had a Nook, and a Kindle they both failed after relatively short spaces of time.
The kindle is particularly prone to 'fat battery'.

Now I just use 'Lithium' on my android phone.
Dec 29th, 2020, 5:04 am
Jan 25th, 2021, 3:36 pm
I love my kindle paperwhite, you can read in sunlight, and sync across your other devices. I've had mine about 5 years now with no problems. My old kindle was still working but I replaced it as it didn't have a light.
Jan 25th, 2021, 3:36 pm

Please click thank you when downloading, it costs you nothing :D .
Feb 12th, 2021, 5:48 pm
Currently loving my Clara kobo ereader. Fairly basic e reader, the screen is incredible though, it almost looks like actual paper!
Feb 12th, 2021, 5:48 pm
Feb 16th, 2021, 11:57 pm
+1 for the Kindle Paperwhite. Mine's cute and white and I got it for like $55, a great deal. Screen resolution ain't the best in the biz, but gets the job very done. The screen even illuminates.

True that it doesn't accept ePubs but that gets easily fixed with Calibre. Don't even have to think about it. Just connect the Kindle, click add to device, and the app figures it all out.
Feb 16th, 2021, 11:57 pm
Feb 17th, 2021, 4:52 am
I use a Paperwhite and I do enjoy it. I don't find converting an issue. However, I understand not everyone wants to do that. I'd suggest a Clara Kobo reader for your purposes. I haven't owned one but have only heard good things. If I hadn't already bought so many books from Amazon I'd consider one, but I'm pretty wrapped up in the Amazon ebook world now haha.
Feb 17th, 2021, 4:52 am
Feb 19th, 2021, 9:38 am
Spring for a Kindle Paperwhite 4. It is an upgrade on the Paperwhite 3. The bezel is flush, so bits of dust won't be clinging to the groves of the sides of the screen. Also the resolution is very good. Another thing is that you have greater control over your font size. You can import new fonts and dictionaries in whatever language you want.

The kindles don't support epubs. If you have epub books then try to change them to azw3 on Calibre. The latter is an intuitive software. Don't convert your books to mobi because that's the worst e-book format ever. azw3 is KF8 and it is as good as an epub which is just a zip file with a CSS file separate from the e-book material. So, convert to azw3 and you're good to go. Good luck!
Feb 19th, 2021, 9:38 am
Mar 28th, 2021, 7:33 am
Bookari Ebook Reader Premium for Android devices.
Mar 28th, 2021, 7:33 am
Apr 20th, 2021, 8:08 am
I recommend you to buy iMac pro for e-book reading, it's the best device for reading, I got it for my kids from Nathan Sports promo codes, if you wanna buy once check on there, many others are available too on there.
Apr 20th, 2021, 8:08 am
Apr 21st, 2021, 12:07 am
Had different kobos for quite some time now and absolutely love them, easy on eyes to read and battery lasts a long time. But get a case of some kind and would suggest putting protection on screen as you are going to drop it. It's easy to convert but so nice to just download epub and read.
Apr 21st, 2021, 12:07 am
May 2nd, 2021, 1:24 pm
claramax600 wrote:I recommend you to buy iMac pro for e-book reading, it's the best device for reading, I got it for my kids from Nathan Sports promo codes, if you wanna buy once check on there, many others are available too on there.

The iMac Pro has been discontinued.
May 2nd, 2021, 1:24 pm
May 2nd, 2021, 1:28 pm
biggmak wrote:Had different kobos for quite some time now and absolutely love them, easy on eyes to read and battery lasts a long time. But get a case of some kind and would suggest putting protection on screen as you are going to drop it. It's easy to convert but so nice to just download epub and read.

The Kobos that I bought (Glo and Aura H20) had great interface, but their touchscreen were not constantly good. That was the one and only reason for me to switch brands. I cannot stand by a Kobo that requires one try multiple times to do the simple act of turning a page. The Kindle PW4 is fantastic in that respect.
May 2nd, 2021, 1:28 pm