Dec 13th, 2023, 9:49 pm
What made you love books and what was the first that made you pursue this love further?
My first was by Barbara Cartland.
What's yours?
Dec 13th, 2023, 9:49 pm
Dec 13th, 2023, 11:33 pm
My mother starting teaching me to read when I was 5 and even at that age I was hooked and it's still a great part of my life. I can't pick and pick any particular book because I read anything I could lay my hands on until I discovered Science Fiction when I was about 10 years old when I found a copy of Isaac Asimov's book Foundation in the "Adult" section of my then local library. After that I was a goner and still am to this day over 50 years later.

Now SF is still around 45% of my reading with the other 55% covering a wide range of subjects and interests.
Dec 13th, 2023, 11:33 pm
Dec 17th, 2023, 2:36 am
I honestly can't remember a time when I couldn't read. My parents worked with me as soon as I could sit up alone and 'hold' a book. I grew up reading a lot of classic fairy tales and children's books, branched into YA, then into teen romance novels. I never looked back.

Nowadays I read Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, a little Historical Romance and a few authors in other genres. I am well and truly addicted to reading and I'm perfectly fine with that. :)
Dec 17th, 2023, 2:36 am
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:33 am
I remember that my mother would always read when she could. I would wake up in the morning and find her reading so I always thought that reading would be a great thing to do if my mother did it all the time. I asked her for a book, she took me to the bookstore and the rest is history. I got Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, so yeah.
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:33 am