Feb 17th, 2024, 11:10 am
dante11 wrote:hi! looking for a historical romance i read years ago. i thought scarlett blackwell wrote it, but i looked thru her books and i cant find it.
this boy grows up as a servant to a rich boy. in the beginning he goes to this store-he wants to buy his master a glass chess set that the boy wants. he is devestated when he realizes he will never be able to afford it. sometime after that-he disappears, and the young man he serves cant find him, and he realizes how arrogant he was towards the young boy.
it goes ahead in the future-he shows up at this party with the daughter of a family that is his parents sworn enemy. the boy who was his servant is working there now. he finds out that he left because the boy had gotten a letter from his brother-he had been adopted by the other family, but he was dying. both boys had been found in a park, injured, and didnt remember anything-one went to work as a servant, the other was adopted by a rich family.
now that he has found him, the rich man pursues the servant. he convinces him to dress as a woman, and go to a party with him. his uncle passes away and left him money, so he has purchased his own home, and wants the young servant to come live there and be with him.
does this sound familar? thanks

the party where he goes dressed as a woman-he goes dressed in some kind of asian dress...the party is at the house where he was a servant. when he was a little, his 'master'' and his sister dressed him up as a girl. the master kissed him.
there was a phrase he said to him a few times and i keep trying to remember it='how do you know its love'' or 'what does love feel like?'....'when he goes to the party, he sneaks up to his old room, in the attic, and he can remember all things from his childhood, when he worked there....
i hope someone can help me because i am so desperate to re-read this.
thanks
Feb 17th, 2024, 11:10 am
Mar 8th, 2024, 6:49 am
dante11 wrote:
dante11 wrote:hi! looking for a historical romance i read years ago. i thought scarlett blackwell wrote it, but i looked thru her books and i cant find it.
this boy grows up as a servant to a rich boy. in the beginning he goes to this store-he wants to buy his master a glass chess set that the boy wants. he is devestated when he realizes he will never be able to afford it. sometime after that-he disappears, and the young man he serves cant find him, and he realizes how arrogant he was towards the young boy.
it goes ahead in the future-he shows up at this party with the daughter of a family that is his parents sworn enemy. the boy who was his servant is working there now. he finds out that he left because the boy had gotten a letter from his brother-he had been adopted by the other family, but he was dying. both boys had been found in a park, injured, and didnt remember anything-one went to work as a servant, the other was adopted by a rich family.
now that he has found him, the rich man pursues the servant. he convinces him to dress as a woman, and go to a party with him. his uncle passes away and left him money, so he has purchased his own home, and wants the young servant to come live there and be with him.
does this sound familar? thanks

the party where he goes dressed as a woman-he goes dressed in some kind of asian dress...the party is at the house where he was a servant. when he was a little, his 'master'' and his sister dressed him up as a girl. the master kissed him.
there was a phrase he said to him a few times and i keep trying to remember it='how do you know its love'' or 'what does love feel like?'....'when he goes to the party, he sneaks up to his old room, in the attic, and he can remember all things from his childhood, when he worked there....
i hope someone can help me because i am so desperate to re-read this.
thanks

bump
Mar 8th, 2024, 6:49 am
Mar 22nd, 2024, 3:14 am
Could this be it?
This sounds like A.E Via's Prophesy Series
https://www.goodreads.com/series/212932-the-king-alpha

moonlight3200 wrote:Hi.
Searching for the tittle of a book.
A young man is in love with his brother's best friend (spanish i think) and try to tell him so before he goes to war. Of course he is rejected and has a car accident. The brothers's friend doen't know it and go away and marry a girl. He comes backs years laters supposedly divorced and try to conquer back the young man who now hates him and doen't want to have anything to do with him.
Can you help me found this book ? Thanks
Mar 22nd, 2024, 3:14 am
Mar 22nd, 2024, 3:40 am
This may be the book:
Cardeno C. - Home Series Book 1 - Home Again
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/103 ... KyX&rank=9

darthvega wrote:Hi there, I hope someone here can help me figure out which book this is, because all I remember is that one of the MC's thought his boyfriend/lover was cheating on him, so he arranged to "get caught in the act" with another guy. I also sort of recall that the guy he cheated with was the one who told him that his BF couldn't be trusted and was cheating on him, but it wasn't true. It turns out that the boyfriend had not cheated on him at all, and he only found out the truth later on when they came across each other again. I know it's vague and that is why I am having such a hard time trying to find this book. It's just that I remember how much I hated the MC for what he did and I want to hate on him some more by reading the book again. Hahaha! So, if anyone can help me out despite the vague info, I would really appreciate it!
Mar 22nd, 2024, 3:40 am