Feedback or requests for help with the site.
May 19th, 2014, 2:09 am
I've been wondering about this and was wondering has any thought gone into creating separate forums for Ebook Requests to separate it into respectful genres? Such as Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Romance, Drama, etc.? I have a lot of sci-fi and fantasy ebooks, I mean a lot of them that have been been posted here and I've found the process of creating new share topics to be a daunting one. With such an extensive library, looking through a single ebook request forum to share what I have is such a mess that everything is merged together.

Now, I'm willing to share what I have but I'm wondering why the Ebook Request forum has never been suggested before to be separated like the current Ebook Forums currently are. With thousands of Ebooks that I have available, I'm sure it would be easier for those of us interested in sharing what we currently have.

Thanks in advance.
May 19th, 2014, 2:09 am

Providing hard to find ebooks for the community. If a link is dead, send me a PM.
If you like the share, don't forget to click the following button: Image
May 19th, 2014, 3:51 am
I would like to see this too. if not, allow us to mention the genre in the subject line like: Romance - Royally Crushed by Niki Burnham
May 19th, 2014, 3:51 am
May 19th, 2014, 6:04 pm
I know. I think there are a lot of us who are specializing in one particular genre. If the staff were to separate or divide the Ebook Requests forum into their respective categories, it would make it easier, faster and quicker to respond to specific requests. I tried going through the requests forum and all of the topics are just bunched together. From how it is now, I wouldn't scan past the first page because the sci-fi, romance, YA, children's requests are all bunched together. I have well over 5,000 ebooks covering YA, sci-fi, mystery, fantasy and so on and many of these are not available on Mobilism or anywhere else. For instance, If I'm feeling like answering requests for sci-fi, there's no specific way to search for just sci-fi ebook requests.

I'm just suggesting to make the process easier, simpler ... :)
May 19th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Providing hard to find ebooks for the community. If a link is dead, send me a PM.
If you like the share, don't forget to click the following button: Image
May 21st, 2014, 11:59 pm
Hi!

littlemew wrote:I would like to see this too. if not, allow us to mention the genre in the subject line like: Romance - Royally Crushed by Niki Burnham

There is nothing stopping you from adding the genre to your subject line! As long as the subject line includes the book title and author's name.

wolfe426 wrote:I know. I think there are a lot of us who are specializing in one particular genre. If the staff were to separate or divide the Ebook Requests forum into their respective categories, it would make it easier, faster and quicker to respond to specific requests. I tried going through the requests forum and all of the topics are just bunched together. From how it is now, I wouldn't scan past the first page because the sci-fi, romance, YA, children's requests are all bunched together. I have well over 5,000 ebooks covering YA, sci-fi, mystery, fantasy and so on and many of these are not available on Mobilism or anywhere else. For instance, If I'm feeling like answering requests for sci-fi, there's no specific way to search for just sci-fi ebook requests.

I'm just suggesting to make the process easier, simpler ... :)

Well, this is completely up to Merry! Speaking for myself however, I really don't think this is necessary. I like browsing the requests as a whole. Also, From my perspective, It just adds alot of unnecessary work! It already takes long enough to look through all the requests without having 16 separate forums to look through.

You also have to remember that uploaders are under no obligation to keep these threads updated with their uploads, As well as every one of these will eventually be deleted. They don't last for years like the release posts!
May 21st, 2014, 11:59 pm

SUPPORT AUTHORS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
►If you like a post, please use the Image button!
May 22nd, 2014, 12:01 pm
arkonen wrote:There is nothing stopping you from adding the genre to you're subject line! As long as the subject line includes the book title and author's name.

wooee~ :D I shall start adding the genre to my requests. maybe others will see I do this and the same.
May 22nd, 2014, 12:01 pm
May 23rd, 2014, 8:07 am
arkonen wrote:Well, this is completely up to Merry! Speaking for myself however, I really don't think this is necessary. I like browsing the requests as a whole. Also, From my perspective, It just adds alot of unnecessary work! It already takes long enough to look through all the requests without having 16 separate forums to look through.

You also have to remember that uploaders are under no obligation to keep these threads updated with their uploads, As well as every one of these will eventually be deleted. They don't last for years like the release posts!
I have nothing to add, very well explained. Thank you, arkonen :D
May 23rd, 2014, 8:07 am
Jul 10th, 2014, 6:49 am
Maybe the suggestion about labeling genre or specificity could be added to the Request FAQ as a thing that would be helpful for prospective users to do.

After I build a little more of a reserve, I will be making requests and if I hadn't decided to browse through the site, I wouldn't have seen this thread and could have lost out on what sounds like a good tip.

@wolfe, littlemew: How would you label a request now with this new addition in mind, using Lord of the Rings as an example. If neither of you mind demonstrating, I'd like to be ahead of the curve and help carve a part of potential new template :)
Jul 10th, 2014, 6:49 am

Please click Thank You if you download a release. Every bit helps. Now I thank you, in advance, for your consideration. :)

If my links ever go down, please PM and I will update as fast as I can.
Jul 12th, 2014, 9:35 pm
Merlose wrote:@wolfe, littlemew: How would you label a request now with this new addition in mind, using Lord of the Rings as an example. If neither of you mind demonstrating, I'd like to be ahead of the curve and help carve a part of potential new template :)

Subject Line: Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - Fantasy, Adventure

another thingy you probably can get away with doing is including the genre label in your request post like this user here:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=823192
Jul 12th, 2014, 9:35 pm
Jul 24th, 2014, 5:08 pm
littlemew wrote:
Merlose wrote:@wolfe, littlemew: How would you label a request now with this new addition in mind, using Lord of the Rings as an example. If neither of you mind demonstrating, I'd like to be ahead of the curve and help carve a part of potential new template :)

Subject Line: Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - Fantasy, Adventure

another thingy you probably can get away with doing is including the genre label in your request post like this user here:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=823192

Perhaps all we really need is a genre field in the template? That'd remind people to add more information while not make more work for the staff.

It might also be useful to have a field to prompt people to add links to stores like Amazon or Nook, as it helps people to work out if they are interested in a bump.
Jul 24th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Jul 24th, 2014, 11:42 pm
Carcosa wrote:Perhaps all we really need is a genre field in the template? That'd remind people to add more information while not make more work for the staff.

It might also be useful to have a field to prompt people to add links to stores like Amazon or Nook, as it helps people to work out if they are interested in a bump.
that would be so awesome. :)
Jul 24th, 2014, 11:42 pm
Oct 20th, 2014, 8:43 am
yes i 'd like this to happen too
Oct 20th, 2014, 8:43 am