If it does not belong anywhere else but is about Windows, post it here.
Dec 24th, 2022, 10:26 pm
Hi Bosom Booklovers … Frizzell9 here.

I'm retired from well over a half-century in the printing industry and now devoted full time to digitizing rare books (freely available here on Mobilism), with many titles already available. When my career kicked off they still set type for books in hot lead with Linotypes.
                                                            If you never saw a Linotype, they look like this.→ Image

It's my intention to revive as many lost books as possible for future generations in digital form, and I release about three books a month while striving for perfection. To this end I could use a few proofreaders to catch the errors that always manage to elude my best efforts. There's no monetary incentive with this endeavor and little chance of ever profiting with such obscure works. Rather the reward is in the form of breathing life back into the precious few remaining copies of books that typically only exist in universities' special archives where they're doing nothing for anyone, and becoming more fragile with each passing year.

If you'd like to be the first person in nearly a century to read a book not likely available at your local library, and join in this venture by helping to ensure accuracy of content, please PM or email me. I provide two PDF files when a book is ready to proof: a draft copy (to highlight errors and send back) and the original scan (to check the draft against). So both files need to be opened and viewed via split screen. Proofing completion should take no more than two weeks or the finished works will begin backing up.

Be part of something lasting,
Frizzell9 :thumbup:
email: perditusliber@fastmail.com
Dec 24th, 2022, 10:26 pm