Nov 25th, 2023, 6:59 pm
Hi,

Been using 1.17 and DeDRM for years. I just bought a brand new expensive release that I was going to share on my request page (snapped and just bought it) but I get the dreaded PCMAC_126_Delivery_error_Upgrade_PC error trying to download it. I've run through all the trouble shooting possible, scrubbed and clean installed and it won't do it. There's something in this brand new book that wants to force a new upgrade and that is the only other reported solution I can see so far.

I don't want to buy expensive software either last time I did that they stopped maintaining it pretty quick (cough EPUBSOFT) so the other method I can see is to get something in the v.1.23/1.24 regions and hope to heck that the command prompt version to switch a different KFX version download and then using the KFX plugin for Calibre will get around it but FileHippo and a couple of other sites that are the only ones with it are dodgy as heck. I don't trust them.

Help with how to strip DRM on this in general (suggestions) or a share to a trusted .exe or something to help greatly appreciated. I checked windows section of forum to see if they had a Kindle for PC repository and they don't appear to.

What's the opinion on Epubor?

Will pay 400WRZ$ reward for a safe and legitimate .exe.

Thanks.
Nov 25th, 2023, 6:59 pm
Nov 27th, 2023, 1:24 am
About Epubor, it works for some and that's great but the consensus among the ebook insider community is that they are dishonest because they use the free Calibre code and plug-ins, slap their own interface on it, and make you pay for it. People will argue now, but {shrug}.
Nov 27th, 2023, 1:24 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Nov 27th, 2023, 5:37 am
Thank you both so much. I'd still like a safe Kindle for PC .exe if anyone has one to experiment with that avenue 'cos I'm just a curious cat but that's given me a lot of direction. Will switch out DeDRM to beta and tinker with BlueStacks too (unfortunately someone broke their adb and can't get it to work again after trying a million times thanks very much EDL/customer drivers/rooting Onyx devices). Thanks again.
Nov 27th, 2023, 5:37 am