Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Mar 16th, 2024, 1:03 pm
Hello,

I just registered in the forum. When attempting to register, the register form notified me that I can only use Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo or other popular email services to create an account in order to prevent spam. However, due to privacy concerns, I use Fastmail. I have registered using a Gmail account, however, I would be really glad if I could change to my Fastmail email address.

Now that I have created my account, I tried updating my email address in the user control panel, but the email cannot still be changed to Fastmail (it fails silently without any error, but doesn't update it).

Is there any chance administrators could help me change my email address for my Mobilism account to my Fastmail address, please? Or it could even be whitelisted as an accepted email provider, given it is a paid service, it's not free at all, so it is definitely a barrier if anyone wants to use it for spam purposes (I would say).

Thanks in advance.
Mar 16th, 2024, 1:03 pm
Mar 17th, 2024, 3:29 am
What's are the domain(s) (the part after @ ) that fastmail uses? I'll add it to the list of accepted email domains.
Mar 17th, 2024, 3:29 am
Mar 17th, 2024, 3:35 am
Disk4mat wrote:What's are the domain(s) (the part after @ ) that fastmail uses? I'll add it to the list of accepted email domains.

Quite a lot to be honest:

Code: Select allfastmail.com
  fastmail.cn
  fastmail.co.uk
  fastmail.com.au
  fastmail.de
  fastmail.es
  fastmail.fm
  fastmail.fr
  fastmail.im
  fastmail.in
  fastmail.jp
  fastmail.mx
  fastmail.net
  fastmail.nl
  fastmail.org
  fastmail.se
  fastmail.to
  fastmail.tw
 fastmail.uk
  fastmail.us

There are others in the list with different domains, but they do not include the word "fastmail" in them. They can be found in their website though (https://www.fastmail.com/about/ourdomains/).
Mar 17th, 2024, 3:35 am
Mar 29th, 2024, 5:05 pm
Disk4mat wrote:What's are the domain(s) (the part after @ ) that fastmail uses? I'll add it to the list of accepted email domains.

Hello, have there been any updates?
Mar 29th, 2024, 5:05 pm
Mar 31st, 2024, 7:14 pm
I have added all of the domains you listed to our list of accepted emails.
Mar 31st, 2024, 7:14 pm
Apr 1st, 2024, 9:23 am
Disk4mat wrote:I have added all of the domains you listed to our list of accepted emails.

Thank you! I am trying to change my email on the control panel, and while the request seems successful, once I refresh the website my old email is still there. Is this expected? :(
Apr 1st, 2024, 9:23 am
Apr 1st, 2024, 3:59 pm
62256 wrote:
Disk4mat wrote:I have added all of the domains you listed to our list of accepted emails.

Thank you! I am trying to change my email on the control panel, and while the request seems successful, once I refresh the website my old email is still there. Is this expected? :(

You need to click on the link in your email to verify the email change.
Apr 1st, 2024, 3:59 pm
Apr 1st, 2024, 4:05 pm
Disk4mat wrote:
62256 wrote:

You need to click on the link in your email to verify the email change.

I have tried a couple of times now, but I am not receiving any email :/ not even to spam or any other folder. Is there a chance that the emails are not being sent and/or the domains have to be whitelisted not only on the register form but also when changing the email of an existing account?
Apr 1st, 2024, 4:05 pm